My Intro: Hi yall! (1 Viewer)

Ozarknomad

Hey guys! I took the opp to read a bit before posting an intro and almost just didn't because I'm really not cool enough to be here. But holy wow, what an awesome community! I am super stoked this place exists because I haven't traveled in ages. These days, I'm a single (for 11 years/ asexual?) 42-year-old mom and clinical social worker (mostly from home since covid) doing therapy with folks who have pretty severe mental illnesses- my clients have been deemed "unfit" to stand trial. I also volunteer with a womens rehab and group home for boys. My work IS fulfilling, but I do miss the road, so its been great to read some of the crazy beautiful, and well-written stories here. Thanks so much!

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

Ozarknomad

Uhh, have you met us before? None of us are cool, you'll fit right in. Welcome.
You're right. ;) I feel like I have met you through reading some of the works here. Some of ya'll (I should've said something about being southern and a cringe-y leftist who uses a winky face in my type too often up there ^^) write so beautifully real that it confused me for a bit.

Also, I don't want to argue on my first own post here so will just agree to disagree about the cool levels ;)

Burger

Lurker
Not sure if this is right place, but just wanted to make first post and intro myself.

basically i’m an ex addict living a normal 9-5 life and i hate it. want to become a drifter and see as much as I can. so really want to learn how to hop trains.

acardweaver

Not sure if this is right place, but just wanted to make first post and intro myself.

basically i’m an ex addict living a normal 9-5 life and i hate it. want to become a drifter and see as much as I can. so really want to learn how to hop trains.
Welcome to both of you, Burger, you might want to start your own thread, I think you will get some cool feed back. I was just over a year sober when I hit The Road, and it's been critical to keeping me together.

Ozarknomad, I kicked it in the Ozarks for the first few months of 2009. Welcome! I was glad I went, but also glad I left.

Users who are viewing this thread

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $10.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $10.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully this will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $10.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $10.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.