My First Ride

futuretrainhopper

Reaction score
Im a 14 year old..kid :p
probably the youngest on this site.. I hope I get accepted, I aint no smart einstein.
But I wanted to share the story of my very first ride.. the best day of my life so far, and I can brag to all my friends that I have freight train hopped. :)
Well, I live in Chile, there are not much feight trains and rideable cars, but its possible to ride down here. So I always begged my Mom to go & "RAILFAN" to some nearbye town, because there are no train in my city ¬¬
So I knew that the train passed by at around 2:00 and that specific train carries wood pulp, unridable cars, but it stops at that station always because it has a bathroom for the engineers, dont forget we are in Chile :p
So I waited there at the station, I got there like at 2:30 p.m. and heard the horn at 3:00 p.m.
I swear my heart was just pumping like CRAZY, because I still love (freight) trains and I was going to do somethings crazy & new.. so it stopped and when they got out I just went on the old EMD.. poped the door open, but I stodd up & I did noy feel like sitting down, I was to excited, and it was only like 1 hour to the end destination plus half an hour of switching. So during the trip I was just like "omg im on a freight train, finally doing me dream!":cool:
So when I got there they had to re-fuel my locomotive... :gatling:
I was soo scared, he was me inside.. and he opened the door and was like "hi!"
In the end to make this shorter.. I told him all the truth of who I was.. he was all cool and gave me a tour and we talked some, in the end he let me blow the horn and he took me to the main unit and said I was a good kid and as a gift gave me his safety jacket.. this was truly the best experience. Well, thats my story, a little long, but I cant wait until im older to keep on riding those trains, and of course I still have that jacket, im wearing it right now! ;)

bushman

Reaction score
Love hearing stories from outside the US.
Definitely need to find my way to Chile sometime soon.

FANCY

Reaction score
How awesome! You're a lucky kid! Keep up the radness.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads