My favorite shelter material.

nivoldoog

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
My favorite shelter material is a thick painters plastic. It is cheap, can be found at construction areas, heat rententive, water proof, see threw to see around you, compactable, can substitute for tarp, tent and if thick enough sleeping bag.

Next step down is a thick plastic shower curtain.

Just one mans thoughts,

W

wigwam

I sometimes carry a small piece of similar material. mine is white not see thru but definitely thicker than tyvek. i used ductape and washers to make tie points on the corners. the thick black polyethylene sheeting is nice too.

you can find it everywhere, just gotta make sure your piece doesn't have to many holes...

W

wigwam

what you guyz think about tyvek? i'm using corrugated tin right now and experimenting with chain link.

does the chain link keep you dry? that certainly would be lighter than carrying tyvek. but i feel like corrugated tin would be so convenient. i could just drag around a piece, 6' x 4'. haul it on to trains with me, slide down grassy/ snowy hills...with this set up i bet you catch good tailwind on your moped.

• Haha
Reactions: Mankini

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads