Photos My favorite piece of gear

Sickbird

Reaction score
Thought I’d share a favorite piece of my gear.
So part of my cook kit is a used titanium mug $5 and a $10 hardware store immersion water heater...

The ability to boil water in a mug ( 10oz?)
With a plug in heater is incredible. I use this all the time to save fuel and comes in handy when staying with hosts, at campgrounds or anywhere you can plug in!

This is nearly as good as a camp stove and at times better! Very quick, quiet and discreet...

Anyways I hope someone finds this useful

P.S. new here and about 1700 miles in on my first tour
All the best

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 186

NightWalk

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So part of my cook kit is a used titanium mug $5 and a $10 hardware store immersion water heater...

With a plug in heater is incredible. I use this all the time to save fuel and comes in handy when staying with hosts, at campgrounds or anywhere you can plug in!

This is nearly as good as a camp stove and at times better! Very quick, quiet and discreet...

All the best
Hi that looks pretty good your thing .
Isn't there a risk of electrocution ?!

Reactions: BabyGodzilla

ali

Reaction score
This is an interesting idea. I never really liked the idea of carrying a portable stove around because it's big and also it seems to make a bit of waste in the gas bottles and/or air pollution from burning fire, but a small electric way to heat water would be cool, especially in campsites where you can swipe power from RV outlets, or the bathrooms. How long does it take to heat a cup to a pleasant temperature?

Reactions: BabyGodzilla

Sickbird

Reaction score
2-3 minutes to bp
This is an interesting idea. I never really liked the idea of carrying a portable stove around because it's big and also it seems to make a bit of waste in the gas bottles and/or air pollution from burning fire, but a small electric way to heat water would be cool, especially in campsites where you can swipe power from RV outlets, or the bathrooms. How long does it take to heat a cup to a pleasant temperature?
Hi that looks pretty good your thing .
Isn't there a risk of electrocution ?!
Yea I suppose. The biggest concern which I should mention is the coil must be submerged in water PRIOR to plugging into the outlet. If you forget this step it will short circuit and the heating element will no longer work! It will burn out in a split second.

Sickbird

Reaction score
It’s truly so quick and efficient. 2ish minutes to boil 10-12 water?? As quick as my Wisperlite and no smell :)

AncientSentient

Reaction score

All the best
Now this is something I need in my bag! I have a small 12 volt battery (Used on scooters) and an invertor that I could plug the heater into when camping.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads