Music while travelling

Dmac

Reaction score
Yep. I like it for the news and PBS shows mostly. Around Omaha i get 15 or so channels. In KC it picked up 30 or more. and there always seems to be one that shows news and weather all the time. If I had a smartphone I could get all of that instantly, I guess. maybe someday. google maps would be almost worth the cost and monthly hassle by itself. But all i have to worry about with the TV is getting or recharging AA batteries.

kidbob

Reaction score
I've got an old 4 gig iPod from a free bench. Lasts over 24 hours straight, but I usually stretch it to last as long as I can.

For online music, I've got a waterproof smartphone I got for $15.

But the best way to always have music on the road is to learn an instrument and be your own jukebox. That's what people used to have to do before everybody was throwing away their old music elsctronics and smartphones got way cheap.

My 20$ acoustic keeps me pretty good company.
Longest its ever taken to finger bang anything!

D

Deleted member 2626

Naw smart phones kill battery and downloads take up space. That little t.v. sounds cool. I'm not a big musician besides words but I tramp around with a uke now used to be a little guitar then a mandolin. Saw one today in a flea market and I strummed again makes me want another

benjysirois

Professional knob twiddler and sound anarchist
Reaction score
I've got the biolite stove so whenever I fire it up I plug in whatever I've got for music at the time. A bit slower than a wall outlet but it does the trick when you're out in the middle of fuck nowhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

kidbob

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads