Multi-use items

jaws

Reaction score
100% virgin coconut oil -

1. Health- It's loaded with vitamins.
2. Energy - 1 teaspoon in the morning is proven to give you energy all day long.
3. Mind- This shit fights alzheimer's and dementia.
4. Wounds, rashes, parasites, sunburns, bacteria, viruses- Yep, it covers all that.
5. Suncreen - just apply to skin.
6. Natural soap for clothes and body -
  • 33 oz coconut oil, 76 degree*
  • 5.9 ounces lye (NaOH)**
  • 12 oz water
  • 5 – 1 ounce essential oils (optional)
7. Hygiene - Deodorant, aftershave, hair conditioner, mouthwash, etc. etc.
8. Paint/Dirt/Wax remover
9. Lube
10. Candles - Mix with cotton balls, cardboard or pocket lint.
11. Constipation- eat more than your recommended dose per body weight.
12. Animal, Diabetic & Infant friendly- you can give it to your baby or dog.
13. Mosquito repellent
14. Studying- using it before test can help you remember and pass exams.
15. Cooking- Stir fry, pie crust, chocolate, you name it.
16. Stress relief- Massage into scalp and head. (or full body :D)
17. Cold weather- apply to exposed skin.

I'm tired of numbering..

Did I mention it smells and taste like coconuts? Basically it does everything petroleum jelly does plus a couple hundred more. Here is a link if you aren't convinced yet.
http://www.endalldisease.com/333-uses-for-coconut-oil/
and another
http://authoritynutrition.com/top-10-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coconut-oil/

Just make sure you buy the 100% raw virgin kind or it's not the same. Only set back is it's a bit expensive, a peanut butter sized jar will cost around $10-$15 if you get the good stuff. But a little goes a long way, a pinch will liquify at body temp and cover your whole hand. (it's solid at room temp)

Oh oh! And here is a Native American remedy I know for broken bones -
1. Grind a Jalapeno to get the juice out of it. (Mint as well if you have it)
2. Mix with oil (Coconut in this case)
3. Warm and then apply to the area with the broken bone or pulled muscle
4. Wrap the area with a cloth to hold the mixture against the skin.
5. Use sling if needed.

Basically it works just like some crazy icey hot but it will last for an entire week almost if you don't wash it off. Increases blood flow to the area and speeds regeneration.

coconutoil.jpg

Attachments

• coconutoil.jpg
    coconutoil.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 384
Reactions: buffalobill

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Another use for coconut oil is Oil Pulling. Swish it around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes and it penetrates everything and dissolves all the shit on your teeth into itself, then you spit it out. Fixes tooth/gum/mouth infections really fast without having to get stuff drilled or yanked.

Wawa

Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Also, backpack dutch oven and bread: Get a cheap nonstick pan, take off the handle because it's heavy and awkward(get a pot grabber or just a thick bit of leather to grab it with). Find a metal plate or saucer that covers the top of the pot(Thrift stores, army mess kit type stuff..). Now you can set the pot on the some rocks over hot coals, scoop up more coals with the saucer, and put the saucer on top of the pot. I carry a sourdough starter and bake bread anywhere I can make fire, which is pretty much everywhere. If I had to I could live off a five pound bag of flour for a week, which costs about 3 dollars, but I'd probably be pretty sick of bread afterwards....

jaws

Reaction score
Also, backpack dutch oven and bread: Get a cheap nonstick pan, take off the handle because it's heavy and awkward(get a pot grabber or just a thick bit of leather to grab it with). Find a metal plate or saucer that covers the top of the pot(Thrift stores, army mess kit type stuff..). Now you can set the pot on the some rocks over hot coals, scoop up more coals with the saucer, and put the saucer on top of the pot. I carry a sourdough starter and bake bread anywhere I can make fire, which is pretty much everywhere. If I had to I could live off a five pound bag of flour for a week, which costs about 3 dollars, but I'd probably be pretty sick of bread afterwards....
Fire cooked food is the best!
I did that for 2 weeks straight with rice, eventually I started researching edible plants to substitute in with it.
You can cook a fairly nutritious, good meal with the right knowledge and little money.
Started off with dandelions, they are easy to identify so probably the best for any beginner. They were a tad bitter but had a flowery hint to them. I would just add a couple to the rice to add flavor and vitmans.
Eventually I worked up to eating half plants and half rice for every meal.
Pots are definitely a good thing to have though because many of the plants I was eating were poisonous until cooked.

Last edited:

zapporra

Reaction score
baking soda: clean stuff, brush your teeth, settle your stomach (if you mix a little with water), deodorizes stuff (including your body, in a pinch) + a million other uses you can google

Reactions: buffalobill

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads