Lost in transit

I miss South Dakota

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    139.3 KB · Views: 283

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
Man, that sht is crazy xD when was the last time we carved giant faces into moutainsides or anything similar to that. I dunno why but the absurdity of it just kinda hit me.
Aliens are ganna have a field day rooting through our shit after were gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Koala and Mankini

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Man, that sht is crazy xD when was the last time we carved giant faces into moutainsides or anything similar to that. I dunno why but the absurdity of it just kinda hit me.
Aliens are ganna have a field day rooting through our shit after were gone.

That area, as you probably know, is part of the Holy of Holies for the Lakota people. So in effect the US government commissioned Rushmore as a sort of Rape capstone.

The sculptor, Gutzon Borglum, was a midlevel Klan member...You connect the dots ;)

''Borglum was a member of the Ku Klux Klan.He was one of the six knights who sat on the Imperial Koncilium in 1923, which transferred leadership of the Ku Klux Klan from Imperial Wizard Colonel Simmons to Imperial Wizard Hiram Evans.In 1925, having only completed the head of Robert E. Lee, Borglum was dismissed from the Stone Mountain project, with some holding that it came about due to infighting within the KKK, with Borglum involved in the strife.Later, he stated, "I am not a member of the Kloncilium, nor a knight of the KKK'", but Howard and Audrey Shaff add that, "that was for public consumption." The museum at Mount Rushmore displays a letter to Borglum from D. C. Stephenson, the infamous Klan Grand Dragon who was later convicted of the rape and murder of Madge Oberholtzer. The 8x10 foot portrait contains the inscription, "To my good friend Gutzon Borglum, with the greatest respect". Correspondence from Borglum to Stephenson during the 1920s detailed a deep racist conviction in Nordic moral superiority, and urges strict immigration policies.'' -wikipedia.

Last edited:

Dmac

Reaction score
I love the Black Hills region and will go there whenever I get the chance. Have never been there during the rally, but I bet it would be a blast!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
since there's not really much of a travel story here i'm moving this to destinations.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads