2017 Jamboree - Movie Night Suggestions | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2017 Jamboree Movie Night Suggestions

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125

If you can get a copy of "hobo" the film by John t. Davis...its pretty epic.

Also if you want to touch on squatting and punk culture "suburbia" it's an oldie but a classic:

Both a bit dated but classics
"

fuck finally i was wondering why noone mentioned hobo yet, yea its old and quite a bit dated and kind of slow but its deffinetly a classic. what about "long gone" or "emperor of the north pole" thats a fucking gem right there. i think long gone is my favorite train doc that ive seen just for that one line thats something like "heres yer stick john". plus theres some footage of new york slim which is fun because that guys a king, and not to mention dogman tony and his wife who was later dated by another 'bo i will not mention and all the other old ftra people in the movie.

Reaction score
Spartacus, the more recent cut which includes Dalton Trumbo's credit. I would aslo rec Fear and Loathing, the Rum Diary, Falling Down, hypernormalization (not travel related, but i thought i'd mention), and Threads.

Also second Xavier and Wonderhowzen, absolutely perfect.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Which way home

It's a doc about Mexican kids riding trains trying to get to America so they can get educated and get work.

Some of them are as young as 8 and 9 it's nuts.

that's a really good suggestion, thank you! i'll try and track this down...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've updated the movies in the schedule on the main jambo thread located here.

of course the movies selected are tentative; any of them can be changed for something else, so please feel free to keep your suggestions coming!

BoxcarBoozy

Reaction score
"

fuck finally i was wondering why noone mentioned hobo yet, yea its old and quite a bit dated and kind of slow but its deffinetly a classic. what about "long gone" or "emperor of the north pole" thats a fucking gem right there. i think long gone is my favorite train doc that ive seen just for that one line thats something like "heres yer stick john". plus theres some footage of new york slim which is fun because that guys a king, and not to mention dogman tony and his wife who was later dated by another 'bo i will not mention and all the other old ftra people in the movie.
It’s crazy to think Dogman Tony has passed away, and he has a son out there that doesn’t ride. If anything his true genes should come out the older he gets, the more he asks about his roots and family. I didn’t know Erin dated another Bo, you sure that’s accurate? Is she still around or involved in anyway with the tramps?

Hobo Mud

Reaction score
I would suggest a movie called ", a hobo's Christmas " however with all the youngster's on this site I don't suspect it would be a popular movie because it may not be " hip " or " kewl " enough... Lol.

It is a older movie that I think was made in the 80's. Seen a lot of interesting choices suggested..... Safe travels everyone.

D

Deleted member 125

It’s crazy to think Dogman Tony has passed away, and he has a son out there that doesn’t ride. If anything his true genes should come out the older he gets, the more he asks about his roots and family. I didn’t know Erin dated another Bo, you sure that’s accurate? Is she still around or involved in anyway with the tramps?

yup, 100% accurate. this was some years ago i dont know if shes still around or what shes up to these days.

BoxcarBoozy

Reaction score
I watched Traveler with ShoeString, pretty good...Cure for the Crash was also pretty decent. Long Gone was great. Train on the Brain and Catching Out where good. Bozo Texino started the dvd search for me. I was hooked on finding more and more. Dark days isn’t about train hopping but more on the lines of The New York Mole people who no longer exist. Damn so many good movies out there. I got most of them. HOBO was awesome to. Following Beargrease all through out the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads