Montreal, QC Canada trip question | Squat the Planet

Montreal, QC Canada trip question

zephyr23

Reaction score
So i am going to montreal for a about a 10 day trip with my girl and two of my road dogs and i was wondering if any one could give me some recommandation. like some cool places to see? places to stay? and also some safe places to park a car? also if their any collectives to stay with? any of that stuff would be a huge help. also an other random info you may have. thanks all so much

DisPanik

Reaction score
You should go to the Katacombes. It's a punk/metal and other nice shit bar. Always some good shows. It is on St-Laurent corner Ontario. You'll meet nice people there for sure. And it's safe to park almost everywhere just be careful with the signs, but that's easy. There's the Mount Royal where you can get a nice view on all the city, but that's kind of a tourist thing. Still like it though. Go take a look at the Olympic Stadium. This shit's even worst than the fucking eiffel tower.

Permafrost

Reaction score
Everywhere's safe to park a car, although if you park illegally you're going to find that Montreal has a vast army of ticket-writers. Just walk around, and get into whatever cultural stuff you enjoy - if you like music then go find some music.

In the winter you need to go somewhere indoors to meet people, but generally they're chill.

As property is relatively cheap, if you don't know anyone and don't have any ideas, I'd consider posting on craigslist or kijiji to try a cheap short-term rental of a room somewhere.

exstinksean

Reaction score
go to st.henri,and ask the first punk you see how to get to "fattal". its a big industrial complex that has been turned into lofts and pretty much been taken over by punks/cool folx. there's a bar there, and a couple different venues.
good luck!

exstinksean

Reaction score
no problem!
where are you guys from?
i lived in mtl and am trying to think of other suggestions,but the others covered pretty much everything i would have suggested,if i think of anything else, i'll let you know. when are you going? i can ask friends about shows etc.,what kind of music do you all like?

zephyr23

Reaction score
I am from VT. and i will be their from march 2-till around the 9 and i am into a lot of punk/folk/gypsy punk/folk punk/hardcore all that stuff. i am also really intrested in seeing the activiest culture and if i could find a collective or any good co-op. that would be awesome. but yeah thanks so much. anything you got would be awesome. if you know of any places that has good hiking or any of that good out doors stuff would be sick

Permafrost

Reaction score
Real nature is pretty hard to come by in the area near Montreal, although it does have nice parks, green spaces and the like. Mount Royal is a good suggestion.

You'd have to get out to the Laurentians to start to see forests, and much further north if you want to beat what VT has to offer.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads