Misfit Travel Blogs with Stories | Squat the Planet

Misfit Travel Blogs with Stories

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
Are there any wordpress blogs out there that have stories about tramping, riding trains, bicycle touring, etc. I used to read Johnny P's blog called the Dirty Journals, but he took it down. I haven't quite found anything like it aside from a prose poetry blog, which I also read from time to time. I just want some blogs to follow while I am stationary and have the time to read. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I enjoy reading this niche of stories. Thanks.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've always wanted to open a blogs section of stp, but there's never been enough interest and travelers are terrible at updating them.

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I just enjoying reading people's poetry and writings from the road. They normally have pretty good shit because its honest and real, but I realize the blog thing is impractical for some and others just dont like posting to the net. Figured it was worth a shot. There's only so many books to read and most are from the past, which is not really what I'm looking for as times are different.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Aw are you serious?! The Dirty Journals was one of my favorite blogs, somebody mentioned it once in the chat room thing on here (might have been you @briancray) and I read the whole thing over a few days when I was home over the holidays

I've run across a few others just from folks who've posted here on StP, evencowgirlsgetthepoops.tumblr.com (bike touring and hitching) and thesemichrist.wordpress.com (rubber tramping and exploring/hiking) have been some of my faves! Those definitely inspired me to get my blog up and running

• Useful
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Dayoldpizza

i've always wanted to open a blogs section of stp, but there's never been enough interest and travelers are terrible at updating them.

Could you take a poll with the community & see if people would. I'd post a blog update everyweek on homebum camps, dumpsterin , van fixing etc ..

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
D

Dayoldpizza

Seems such a bad turn out is all depending on season and user login, mostly the user being intrested insharing, can you Shang my name from wayfarer to hobo please? Thanks!

Mj23

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hey brian. I remember your stuff here. Will have to ad your channel..

I too was disappointed when JP took his down. Last I saw of him was his tag in pdx dated 8/17, just a month previous when I passed through then.. so he's still around somewhere.

There's really only so many stories you can give the community before writing about it gets a little stale, if you don't do any major branching off to other stuff in your 'travel career'. At least that's what I've come to realize, recently. I still got old stuff to get down, though and try to stay on it.. Pm me bud if you want mine. All introspective solo stuff so far.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads