Mexico To Costa Rica or Panama | Squat the Planet

Mexico To Costa Rica or Panama

AlexFrost91

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried this without being killed by cartels or having to pay up? How do the migrants leave Guatamala and Honduras and how can a guy go to Costa Rica or Panama for the Winter/Spring?

warlo

Reaction score
Website
www.bonsai.cf
Please, dont be that typical american stirring idiocy about traveling in latin america without having the smallest clue about it.

its dangerous, as dangerous as walking around baltimore flashing a couple bills in one hand and your iphone on the other one. dont be an idiot and you can go anywhere unharmed.

• Love It
Reactions: MFB and Benji91

AlexFrost91

Reaction score
Please, dont be that typical american stirring idiocy about traveling in latin america without having the smallest clue about it.

its dangerous, as dangerous as walking around baltimore flashing a couple bills in one hand and your iphone on the other one. dont be an idiot and you can go anywhere unharmed.
That is impossible. I don't drink or get high. I don't hit on some woman who could potentially be dating a Los Zetas enforcer. I'm intelligent and quiet. I keep to myself. I don't jump in people's business or concern myself with local extrajudicial street affairs. I keep my head down in a place like that.

AlexFrost91

Reaction score
That is impossible. I don't drink or get high. I don't hit on some woman who could potentially be dating a Los Zetas enforcer. I'm intelligent and quiet. I keep to myself. I don't jump in people's business or concern myself with local extrajudicial street affairs. I keep my head down in a place like that.
I'm familiar with the place, just not the specific route I've planned.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you should google the 'darian gap'.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
i was trying to backpack from costa rica to mexico several years back. i started in costa rica but i only made it as far as tegucigalpa, honduras before i got really sick and just wasn't having a good time anymore, super low on money, etc. so i had a friend buy me a cheap plane ticket back to the states.

i was only down in central america for like 2 or 3 months. and i think out of that time, i only stayed in a hostel maybe 3 or 4 times. the rest was sleeping on beaches, in parks in the cities, or with locals. just my backpack and a guitar. it's really not as dangerous as some people would have you believe. the bigger cities and druggier areas can be dangerous, but that's the same as in the US or anywhere else. just use common sense, be respectful, and don't be flashy with your money or expensive gear.

sd40chef

Reaction score
Met an American dude travelling on a motorbike thru cape Breton island in nova Scotia a few years back who said he trekked 17 days with some local tribe to get across the darian gap.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads