Meghan McRae (NOLA)

CrustyFuckinP

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
The world recently lost a very beautiful soul this May of 2016. Her name was Meghan McRae. She lived in New Orleans and always opened her heart and doors to travelers.
She didn't have much at all, but she was always very giving. If it was her last cigarette, she'd give it to you and stick it in your mouth and light it for you before you could even say "I can't take your last cigarette!"
Hell, she even had barbecues JUST to make an excuse to feed as many hungry broke people as she can.
Even if she only had a can of Chef Boyardee to split between her and her boyfriend for dinner, she would STILL offer you some.

She gave and gave and gave, and would never ask anything in return nor use it as a reason to hold against you later.

She taught me alot about unconditional love. The road has me jaded. This long and difficult road has led me to meet many hurtful and malicious people, so of COURSE I have been seasoned to be wary of everyone I meet.

Meghan taught me to greet everyone with a smile and open arms, and the possibilities are endless from there.

The way I met her we the way many others I know had also met her-
She frequented Facebook groups treated towards traveler, and was a very active member of my own group I had founded, "Womyn On The Road". She had always told me and many other travelers to let her know when they get to New Orleans, and she'll hook them up.

My first day in New Orleans, was a terrible one- I had been fighting many demons that day and awful situations.

And then I met her.

She tackle-hugged me outside of Checkpoint Charlie's saying "YOU MADE IT! YOU'RE FINALLY HERE! I'M SO HAPPY! "

I'll never forget her gigantic smile that never left her face, even when she was hurting and going through some of her own seriously messed up stuff.

She continued to be strong for those she loved, and kept that smile a mile wide, and everyone who knew her was drawn to it, and drawn to her warmth.

She made the world a better place, in her 24 years that she had blessed it and graced it with her presence.

Definitely a diamond in the rough, she sure will be missed.

(Note- In lieu of her love and light, her family has decided to host "celebrations of life" for her.
Last week, they held one in Nashville, and this coming Saturday, May 21, 2016, there will be another celebration of life at Checkpoint Charlie's in New Orleans. I'm currently writing this praying I can get there in time...
12832582_10153914489414788_4219418729900511461_n.jpg
20160514_160410.jpg
)

Haystack

Reaction score
It's rare to come across someone so caring and giving as you describe.

She sounds like she was an amazing person and I'm sure she would be happy to know you are sharing such kind words and stories about her. May she R.I.P

Reactions: CrustyFuckinP

CrustyFuckinP

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thank you so much for your kind response!
I've come to learn since her first celebration of life (they refuse to have something as depressing soundng as a "funeral" or "wake") that her family not only knows it's extremely important to note that she was so joyful, that she wouldn't have wanted us to be sad remembering her, just be happy about the experiences we had the pleasure to share with her.

Her family is also as awesome, sweet, generous, and jolly as she is.

Meeting her family in Nashville, I suppose was a good thing to come from this tragedy.

V

vantramp2016

wow she sounds amazing!! it's a shame that she's gone. it's also a shame that there's not alot more people like her in the world!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads