making denim and canvas Water Proof and Fire resistant (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!

treyvor

Lurker
Current Location
seattle
Thats really cool. I have a few project that this will be useful for. Thanks for sharing it.

Hylyx

Rambler
Website
www.helyxcious.tumblr.com
This works quite well. It's also known as oiled duckcloth. I was gonna make myself a batch, but found it was easier and cheaper to get it from the dumpster of a well-known outdoor gear company in Seattle... That reminds me I still need to finish my raincoat.

cosmic girl

Lurker
Current Location
Kansas City, MO
i have a can of linseed oil, and i was wondering if all it takes is candles and linseed oil, or if mineral spirits is needed as well.

roguetrader

Wanderer
Current Location
Exeter, United Kingdom
a friend of mine tried a few different methods for waterproofing the canvas on his bow top / gypsy wagon - the best he came up with was boiled linseed oil, which after a few coats is completely waterproof...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$7.77
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $7.77 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $7.77 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $7.77 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $7.77 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Should I trash pick some more chick fil A codes for free sandwiches?! I already trash picked 1 so far...
interesting. the first place itself seems worth a trip. lol i don't think they get much traveling folk... and #5 silent hill anybody know where that is? the video discreetly avoids saying the location and i want to know. i watched the rest of the video and nothing else looks of interest to me
i need some good you tuber train riders to watch... i have a few like ranoutonarail a few others... who else is good?
I'm still looking at Omaha, but if things don't work out, I hope over to Iowa.
Lost and done with cincyshit is worthless
Bored out of my mind.
how does one get his hands on a time table? rail fans seem to have them, so i should be able to get one... i want one...
gotta go watch this dailey... back in a while...
Reminder: Friday night on Coast to Coast am radio show: Haunted Trains!
Friday - Haunted Trains / Open Lines
Matthew Swayne
There's a meme called SPEED KIRB. You're welcome.

Members online