love and light

wanderingbroke

Reaction score
hi brothers and sisters,
nice to find so many people on this site :)
i'm Rose, i've been living nomadically for the past 11 years.
left home when I was 15, basically just been hitching, camping, couchsurfing, volunteering in schools and on farms, bit of boat-hitching. Ive never actually train-hopped , would love to though, looks wicked! Ive actually never really been in a lot of countries with trains weirdly enough, central america, south america and africa dont have a lot of trains.
anyway, im currently bumming around the caribbean drinking a lot of rum, being a pirate and checking out how all these "wealthy" north americans live their second lives..pretty disgusting, and its a daily workout to steer clear of all the negative energy floating around
I hope youre all happy and heathly and sending everyone bucketloads of lovin'!

hugs

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Cool Intro and welcome! 11 years - that is awesome!

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
Welcome! Your picture looks familiar... Do you have a blog of some sort?

Where have you been in all this time? Centralized in a region, all over the world, the moon? I might be heading down that way come the dawn of next year, but Europe seems to be calling me... for the 3rd time >_<

D

Deleted member 20

Ahoi there!::woot:: I cannot encourage others to ride chu chu trains or to drink or not drink rum. But Im sure there is plenty of content on STP on all topics. I am a sober pirate ::eyepatch::myself with plenty of positive:cool: & negative:mad: energy oozing out of my Big Mac clogged pores::depressed::.

Welcome to the site!:D

Last edited:

wanderingbroke

Reaction score
yeh I have a blog called wanderingbroke, im not posting much these days but theres some good stuff on hitching as a woman and some stories of stupid shit ive done
i spent like 5 or 6 years in latin america, bout a year in africa, some time in middle east, bit in europe here and there, australia and NZ in bits and pieces and been in the caribbean now for a year or so . never been to asia so hopefully ill end up there in the near future :)

Reactions: Durp
D

Deleted member 20

If you wanna come camp in rural Maine for awhile, pretty female world travelers are always welcome.:cool: (those are my quasi creepy yet serious sunglasses)

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Trains are composed of dark matter and negative energy, they will slowly nibble away at your soul.

Being completely fascinated with astronomy it is now inevitable that I will hop a train.

Thank you for that Mmmmmmmmichael.

No worries on the soul... it's taken an extended sabbatical.

I hope youre all happy and heathly and sending everyone bucketloads of lovin'!

Why thank you very much. :)

Hope your journeys are full of happy and good luck and all as well.

Welcome to the site. ::drinkingbuddy::

STP is a real cool place from my time here I have gathered a lot of information and been exposed to a variety of culture that never ceases to amaze me with it's kindness, wildness, tenacity, ingenuity, humor, difficulty, good times, and many many other aspects that I am still in the mode of assimilating.

This site has a search function up at the upper right across from your name and mail and alert icons. (small looking glass icon)
We also encourage anyone that wants to hop trains to use said function to study up on the topic first before creating threads asking for info.

You seem real cool with your head on your shoulders right...(the bolts all tightened right... :p ::wacky:: ::borg::)

So it prolly isn't necessary for me to mention all that. But I have to act like a mod sometimes... as I'm about to enter happy hour ::drinkingbuddy:: so just a bit of bah humbug before the party starty.

Welcome again and look forward to your stories and participation.

peace

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeh I have a blog called wanderingbroke, im not posting much these days but theres some good stuff on hitching as a woman and some stories of stupid shit ive done
i spent like 5 or 6 years in latin america, bout a year in africa, some time in middle east, bit in europe here and there, australia and NZ in bits and pieces and been in the caribbean now for a year or so . never been to asia so hopefully ill end up there in the near future :)

how do you get by financially? especially in foreign countries, i know we all have our own methods but i'm just curious what you do to get by. also, australia is my next country, any tips?

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
I checked out your blog - well written and extremely interesting - If you wanted too you could put that into your profile under homepage - we have some other travelers here who have written some great stuff with pics as well. :)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads