News & Blogs - Los angeles seeking to ban homeless people from sleeping in their vehicles | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Los angeles seeking to ban homeless people from sleeping in their vehicles

V

vantramp2016

You shouldn't need a permit. That's asking permission to do something that neither harms nor endangers anyone, which makes it by definition stupid. Countless bits of case law already declare your vehicle private property. You can ask me to move said property off YOUR property (off a particular piece of roadway, for instance) but my car is essentially sovereign territory, for the purposes of this discussion. That's why they're supposed to have "probable cause", In the absence of a warrant, to even search my car.
i'm sure they will think of something such as a permit but like another poster has said they will start it off at a nominal rate though i bet they will raise that rate up after the first year or two so the goverment can have there spending spree!!

V

vantramp2016

Santa Cruz already got laws like dis. You can get ticketed for just being in your vehicle after 11 if it seems like you "live" in it. I.e.,food, bedding whatever they want. Sleeping in your vehicle is a crime there as well and they even have cops who patrol just to bust for it. As if there is some other way to be in a vehicle besides living. Don't they realize they also LIVE in there vehicle. O wait they're soulless zombies nvm.
I do have to agree that commieforina has some of the craziest parking laws if not the craziest laws!!! and personaly i would not van dwell in ca since they will NOT recognize my constitutional right to carry a weapon to defend myself!!! piss poor goverment out here high crime high rents to many environuts it's the nanny state

B

Blood

the only fucking state that will take a persons last means of security and saftey and rip it right from under em and regulate fucking cow farts.. it's bad enough the homeless are camped out on the sidewalks all over the place!!! even if someone is sleeping in a vehicle id'e rather have them in a vehicle than on the street clogging it up and being in everyone's way!!! as well as if they have there own vehicle they can sleep in it will be safer for a homeless person to survive. but these fucking wing nuts don't think of that. one more reason i want out of this communist fucking country. i don't know why anyone would want to live here with all of these fucking taxes rules and regulations in a fucking nanny state.

and these idiots that are all moving out here for the $ 15.00 an HR minimum wage hike don't think that other shit ain't gonna go up because it already is going up. as well as alot of business will either go out or go automated so that they don't have to pay the $15.00 minimum wage!!!! and that's already happening to!!! and to boot the shelters are over flowing and there's no section 8 available and certain cities like burbank take care of there own so good luck... FUCK CALI

Last edited:

NBDDreamer

On the move
Reaction score
Good luck with that city of LA!

LAPD doesn't have the manpower to enforce this. The only real way someone would get a ticket is if they parked in a ritzy neighborhood and someone called to complain, left trash around, or if their vans/RVs were in poor repair. I've been homeless in this city for 7 months and have only been bothered once. I parked my beat up 1976 Chinook in front of a million dollar house in Silverlake for 4 days. Parking enforcement just asked me to move.

Most of my interactions with LAPD have been positive. These guys don't want to do more paperwork at the end of their shift. If you volunteer to move along and accept the verbal warning, you're fine. Mix up places to park. I have 7 different locations I regularly park at. I never stay in a parking place for more than 2 days. LA DOT rules say you have to move 400 feet every 72 hours, have license plates front and back, and current registration.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads