looks like fun - biking the US (maps)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah ive looked at this website as well, and it's definitely something i want to do... ive nearly just taken off and done it a few times, but it never panned out. its something id like to do in the next year or two though.

about a year and a half ago and friend and i biked from amsterdam to paris, which was both horrible and great... i had NO training whatsoever so it was kinda slow going at first, and i was very sore for the first two weeks. fortunately the netherlands are extremely flat, and have paved bike paths all the way into Belgium. so it wasn't too bad. the worst part was being in a strange place and culture and having no idea how to communicate with anyone. france was way easier though (language/culture), and i had way more fun there.

but yeah, bike tours are the shit. i desperately want to do a cross country u.s. tour.

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
I met a man who did a cross-country bike trip to fight cancer, and he claimed that he didn't train at all. I was once put in a situation where I went from not having ridden a bike in months to riding nearly 40 miles a day through moderate hills. Basically I just started eating more protein and drinking lots more water and the sorenes was gone within a week. I figure unless you're REALLY out of shape (i.e. have trouble walking) training isn't really all that nessecary.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
although it probably WOULD be a good idea :D

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads