Looking for travel buddies and friendly people

carolbarrel

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Caroline, I am 21 and am living in Simi Valley, California. Looking for a trustful group to travel with. I would like to walk or ride my bike but am open to train hopping. I want to squat and enjoy sleeping outdoors. I would like to head up North and eventually over to Baultimore, Maryland, to meet up with a friend of mine. Other than that I don't have any specific place that I want to end up. I may have one other person traveling with me, he also lives in simi is very friendly and good company I have known him for about two months and is new to this idea. I am also debating weather or not I should take in a dog who has no home to go traveling with me. any advice on that would be helpful.

I am looking to get out of this trap, find people like me, look for places and groups I can get involved with and help. I am very passionate about the environment and animals.

I am finishing up my last class at Moorpark College to get my associates degree in Exercise Science and am working on getting my NASM personal training certification. I would have already left but I like finishing what I started. Will be done on December 17th.
I enjoy all types of exercise and love training people. I don't smoke anything but don't mind if you do, I just ask you to be respectful as to where the smoke travels. I enjoy drinking occasionally but would prefer it to be at a minimum or none, trying to cut back on drinking. I don't mind if you do though as long as it doesn't become a problem. I don't do drugs.

I am very friendly and easy to get along with and can be shy at times and quiet.
hit me up :}

Some things to consider:
-I don't have a specific time.
-At the moment I am trying to fix an injury I got three years ago when a car hit me. I have coccyx pain and it is hard to sit for long periods of time. The pain came back about four months ago and I had to quit my job since I can't lift heavy boxes. It has gotten better since it started hurting again. I can still hike better than any of my other friends though. XD
Due to this pain depends on how I travel and how much I travel with. I may not be able to carry a lot of weight on my back.
- I don't like drugs.

Dmac

Reaction score
hello and good luck to you.

E

Earth

If you do bring a dog, remember that that dogs quality of life completely depends on you, what you do, and how/where....
Dogs always come before everything :)

Rob Nothing

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Hi. I was born in simi valley, beautiful little area. Bit boring for young people with no money though..

Just want to say welcome, can sympathize with much of what you say, and will be looking for friends in the winter.
You find any cool people, I might like to join in depending on where I'm at by then. Peace.

carolbarrel

Reaction score
Hi. I was born in simi valley, beautiful little area. Bit boring for young people with no money though..

Just want to say welcome, can sympathize with much of what you say, and will be looking for friends in the winter.
You find any cool people, I might like to join in depending on where I'm at by then. Peace.

hello, yes simi can be boring, not much to do besides hike and drink.

Sounds good, I shall let you know. :]

PotBellyFatGuy

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
a dog can be a liability or an asset as you know. for pure freedom, i would go it alone with minimal backpack stuff. meet ppl. along the way, maybe not, but it will teach you a lot. just be careful with run ins with the law as you are a college grad. and that degree will be of no use once you have an arrest record...

Reactions: travelingjoe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads