Looking for small wilderness group....

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I'm 36, male, and looking for a small group of wilderness nomads to travel with. Not looking for city squats and stuff... Deep woods, hunting, fishing, primitive living, etc... I will be headed west (Idaho most likely) and would rather travel with a small group but since no one answered my other thread I have prepared to go alone. I'd rather not but I'm not waiting any longer. I'll be shoving off within the next few weeks so that I will have all summer to travel, the fall to gather and store and build a cold weather shelter to make the winter... then probably start all over... anyone interested hit me up at lazlolumpskull@yahoo.com or add me on YIM lazlolumpskull ...
Thanks

dprogram

Reaction score
I might be down for this once I sell my bimmer and buy a van. I plan on doing a bit of travelling and could help with building a shelter.

Missy

Reaction score
You might have better luck finding people that are into this on some of the wilderness forums, also what kind of experience do you have doing these thing?

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I have been looking at some of the wilderness forums, and most of those guys are gungho "let's blow up shit" tyes... Not interested. I am looking to live in the wilderness, not spending 12 hours a day training to be an army... I have a lot of experience in the woods... hunting, fishing, shelter, etc... I will admit though, the mountains are something new. I live in the swamp in south Louisiana, so I won't deny that it will be a challenge. Hey dprogram, I have a truck to get to "where ever"... so let me know if you decide you want to head off into the deep... Thanks for yalls responses, And thanks Amy....

Reactions: dprogram

dprogram

Reaction score
Sent you a quick message. Oh BTW. Know anyone who wants to buy a lowered '91 325i coupe? It's got 17" Mini Cooper rims and a nice system. lol

WindWalker1970

Reaction score
Thapoet - email sent your way.

Sid_Vicious

Reaction score
Me and my wife are planing to make our way to cali to start an organic farm somwhere around Shasta-Trinity national forest. Hopeing to start a small comunity out there to work and live off the land. already got a decent spot picked out that we can have electricity (that we will make ourselvs with the help of the sun and river) and should have decent soil. If your still looking in a couple months let me know

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I wrote you back WindWalker.... Hi Sid... Thanks! I don't know how long before I hit the road honestly. Been trying to leave for months now but can't seem to make it happen. Mostly don't want to go completely alone I suppose. If I am still around I will write you though. Feel free to write me at the email above to keep in touch. I am looking at several different parts of the country right now and may just do some traveling before settling, but I really want a travel buddy/road dog/ whatever to travel with. Whether it be walking/hitching, or biking or driving. Thanks everyone for all the responses....

pepopple

Reaction score
I'd love to get to that point eventally, but I'm still a little addicted to smog, crime, rudeness, and crowding. It's baby steps for me and submerging myself into wilderness living is still a few steps beyond me at this point. But good luck and I hope to hear good things whenever you venture close enough to a wireless signal to share.

Reactions: thapoet

DJnNJ

Reaction score
Me and my wife are planing to make our way to cali to start an organic farm somwhere around Shasta-Trinity national forest. Hopeing to start a small comunity out there to work and live off the land. already got a decent spot picked out that we can have electricity (that we will make ourselvs with the help of the sun and river) and should have decent soil. If your still looking in a couple months let me know
you guys want to join forces?

Sid_Vicious

Reaction score
Haven't headed out yet. Might end up on an Native American reservation for awhile learning the old ways of living off the land and herbal medicine. Depending on if that happens or not is how long until i go to Mt. Shasta.

DJInNJ: what part of NJ are you from?

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I've often thought of doing that, but I just don't know if Native Americans will just have their arms outstretched to accept me, lol... iF you have any links or info concerning this, send it my way, thanks!

justo

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do this sort of thing for a while now. Just can't find the right people.

travelin

Reaction score
yeah, someday, someday.
30+ acres of good sandyland mixed with a bit of gumbo. about 12 acres of it flat enough to plow but only one acre cleared now.

pecan trees out the ass on the place, 14 peach trees at last count, 2 heavy bearing pear trees, wild lemons, shitloads of quince(little bitty pear type fruit)

black berrys, dew berrys, wild strawberrys, elderberrys, mulberrys, onions and garlic that has gone wild all over the place.

little spring creek flowing through and a 300+ foot deep well that flows artesian.

end of the road, tucked behind another place, heavy timber all around. the place cant be seen.

two tractors, one a front end loader. two motorhomes, one small, one large. 12x24 foot barn.

if i was there permanently id have chickens, rabbits, goats, maybe a couple milk cows.

how to make it make money is the question!

justo

Reaction score
Travelin, where is this utopia you speak of?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads