looking for resources | Squat the Planet

looking for resources

newtype

Reaction score
I'm in San Diego. I'd like to find or put in motion the beginnings of a squat group.

I should just start by walking around my neighborhood and cataloguing potential spots, checking with public records later.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

I'm gonna offer some unasked for advice but in my experience cracking a squat with strangers doesn't end well. If you want to start a squat with other people involved you might wanna know the kind of people yer inviting into yer potential home. Maybe it's just the way yer post is worded but it makes it sound like yer looking for people you don't know.

Welcome to stp! You might want to fill out yer profile a bit more so people have a idea of what you are like.

newtype

Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. I don't actually need to squat, but I'm just trying to figure out ways to help the community through direct action (lofty goal I know).

My thinking was along the lines of find some potential spots, try to investigate them myself, and then put up flyers for like 'homesteading' and see who gives me a call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sombra

Sombra

Reaction score
What part of san diego are you from? The city is on a full scale war against the homeless imo, the rock gardens under bridges hit close to home especially the past two weeks where we have finally gotten some rain. Some camaradas have a building in mind but at the moment it is only used for our OWN amusement. Cool to link up with you though look forward to a msg from ya.

Reactions: noothgrush

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads