Looking for peeps interested in setting up a tribe | Squat the Planet

Looking for peeps interested in setting up a tribe

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
Ok lets reword this post lol. So pretty much i am part of solunah tribe. It is a nomadic animist tribe that lives within national forest. Solunah is made up of clans. Each clan has a chief and all the clans trade with one another and support the tribe as a whole. We are trying to establish clans in all 50 states. Some clans have land they own and some squat within national forest. The head of solunah is a king or queen but the chiefs and king or queen duties is leading hunts, organizing trades, and defending the tribe. Other than that everyone within the clans make the day to day decisions. Essentially we are trying to create a new society off grid where money plays no role. We imagine if we had a clan in almost every state. Those living nomadic lives and off grid communes will be able to barter and trade virtually anywhere. Also we would have power in numbers and organization it would be harder for the domesticated to attack or harass any clan or village because all clans would work together. We are looking for those interested in becoming chiefs as well as those interested in joining. We hope to have clans that have their own specialties like blacksmiths, farmers, warriors, hunters, etc. If one clan is suffering the others would help.

Last edited:

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Noticed you are into Paganism and Animism, the Land and Nature and working with it, Eco Villages, Off grid communities ect.. this is all stuff I also like.. The idea of creating your own tribe to live out there is not foreign to me, and something like that may happen in the future from talks iv had with others here, cool post, I'm not even in your country though.

Google mapped Mark Twain National Forest, yeah thats a pritty big forest. One of my favourite forest areas over here that I'v spent time in so far is the Alpine National Park and surrounding areas/Parks. Currently I'm working in a National park too.

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
Noticed you are into Paganism and Animism, the Land and Nature and working with it, Eco Villages, Off grid communities ect.. this is all stuff I also like.. The idea of creating your own tribe to live out there is not foreign to me, and something like that may happen in the future from talks iv had with others here, cool post, I'm not even in your country though.

Google mapped Mark Twain National Forest, yeah thats a pritty big forest. One of my favourite forest areas over here that I'v spent time in so far is the Alpine National Park and surrounding areas/Parks. Currently I'm working in a National park too.
Yea mark twain was omg beautiful. We use to think about buying land but refuse to rely on money.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I want to do what you're doing in less than three years. Back in the 1990s, I lived in Pike National Forest outside Colorado Springs, CO for a couple of weeks. It was peaceful and so much freedom from the rat race!!! This was in summer months. When autumn came, I ended back to being a slave again. Thanks for sharing your information with us!

• Love It
Reactions: SolunahTribe

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
I want to do what you're doing in less than three years. Back in the 1990s, I lived in Pike National Forest outside Colorado Springs, CO for a couple of weeks. It was peaceful and so much freedom from the rat race!!! This was in summer months. When autumn came, I ended back to being a slave again. Thanks for sharing your information with us!
I'm hoping this te to never become another slave

D

Deleted member 26446

Hey dude, welcome to StP!

I did something similar in Shawnee after my EAS as well; it was meant to be temporary but before I knew it nine months had passed! Some of the coolest nine months I've experienced.

I'm kinda surprised you're doing that with a whole family though! Nature provides but that seems like an entirely different ball game than solo survival.

Best of luck Bigfoot. If I ever bumble my way into Idaho I'd be interested in seeing what y'all have going on and maybe kicking it for a week or two!

Hudson

Reaction score
I got out of the Army in 2009 and have to say thank you for putting on a uniform and protecting our rights.

I've been thinking of this kind of lifestyle for a long time. Im currently dealing with a shoulder problem from the job I was working so I know full well about being a slave to the system and dont imagine doing this for the rest of my life.

How do you plan on surviving the winter months in Idaho? It gets pretty cold out there?

Stay in contact on here because you got the right ideas. What are you working on right now to get this moving?

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
I got out of the Army in 2009 and have to say thank you for putting on a uniform and protecting our rights.

I've been thinking of this kind of lifestyle for a long time. Im currently dealing with a shoulder problem from the job I was working so I know full well about being a slave to the system and dont imagine doing this for the rest of my life.

How do you plan on surviving the winter months in Idaho? It gets pretty cold out there?

Stay in contact on here because you got the right ideas. What are you working on right now to get this moving?
Utilizing pelts and making sure we have enough dry wood to last. Making sure we have hunting, trapping, fishing,and basic growing materials as well. Nomadic travel so we can follow the food

Hudson

Reaction score
How do you get away with this in national forest land without getting popped for poaching or living in the forest? Is the forest that big out there?

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
How do you get away with this in national forest land without getting popped for poaching or living in the forest? Is the forest that big out there?
We only stick to large national forest and hunt with bows. Hunt small game and large game and process it far away from our temp village. We also move around a lot as well to make it harder to detect

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Ay got some questions, this is not an interrogation just questions..How many peoples in your tribe so far, or how many has been? Seeing as you are hunting, do you guys only kinda eat meat? whatta bout plants, berries ect..? Also how do you guys navigate out there, do you know the places well? or do u navigate via the stars? 🏔🦅🐏🏕✨

Also Iv travelled with a group before in a kinda "tribe" but not the way your saying it, with bows an stuff, it was more of a Gypsy situation, we had two vans and one car and travelled around, people worked in places though, money was still used. Still was cool, but to even do that on a much larger scale with a few vans an cars of people and every ones doing something, working, selling stuff at markets.. gathering food, whatever.. is another cool thing imo. 🚐🚌🚗🛣🌳

SolunahTribe

Reaction score
Ay got some questions, this is not an interrogation just questions..How many peoples in your tribe so far, or how many has been? Seeing as you are hunting, do you guys only kinda eat meat? whatta bout plants, berries ect..? Also how do you guys navigate out there, do you know the places well? or do u navigate via the stars? 🏔🦅🐏🏕✨

Also Iv travelled with a group before in a kinda "tribe" but not the way your saying it, with bows an stuff, it was more of a Gypsy situation, we had two vans and one car and travelled around, people worked in places though, money was still used. Still was cool, but to even do that on a much larger scale with a few vans an cars of people and every ones doing something, working, selling stuff at markets.. gathering food, whatever.. is another cool thing imo. 🚐🚌🚗🛣🌳
We travel via foot and bike. We hunt, fish, forage, as well as plant food a long our routes. We navigate using the forest maps and compass

Wombat Joe

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Das cute! Great joahhb!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads