Looking for closure | Squat the Planet

Looking for closure

Packitup

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Have you ever woke up one morning and just wish you could disappear. Or wish you didnt have to work just to end up being broke. To wake up and fish or hunt all day. Build a cabin and live the old way. Well you can. It will take a little bit of work but hey, what doesn't. I plan on hiking from the states to Canada. A particularly far hike and there will be no return. So if interested let me know. Its easier with a group. This will be a real adventure and I'm doing it without the permission of officials. It's a risk I'm willing to take....... Are you. Let me know because I am sooooooo serious on leaving modern civilization. Im tired of the city, the people itself, the ignorant rule we must obey or else(doesn't sound like freedom to me) just let me know if you are interested, because I am.

Reactions: DazeDreamer

DazeDreamer

Reaction score
I decided sometime this summer that I'm not going to try to acquire more money again once I run out of what I saved up last time I was stationary. right now I'm just living in my car learning as many things to forage as I can, practicing making my own fishing equipment and tools, and generally trying to develop a relationship with the land as I run out of money and hope to find someone else to do this with so that I don't just go into the wilderness to die. I'm in Portland right now but was thinking about going south for the winter and then up into the mountains in b.c. next spring to find a place to build shelter (without anyone's permission unless I happen to find someone who already "owns"/has permission for private access to land and wants it to become a more diverse and highly edible ecosystem and would be glad for me to live there while developing it). where in Canada are you going to aim at (if anywhere in particular)?

Reactions: Packitup

Ranger

Reaction score
Honestly if I was you I'd hitch hike to Alaska before digging in. The north is the place to be and Alaska is full of opportunity, plus they cant kick you out! As for living off the land I admire your resolve but I believe you are in for a rude awakening. The skills to do so take years to acquire and the learning curve is fraught with danger and suffering in many forms. Be outgoing/ hardworking/ humble/ honest and the locals up here will teach and trade with you. What you yearn for is up north, now stick your thumb out and get going. PS I don't recommend jumping the border, respect our sovereignty fucker.

Reactions: AyeAaron

DazeDreamer

Reaction score
Honestly if I was you I'd hitch hike to Alaska before digging in. The north is the place to be and Alaska is full of opportunity, plus they cant kick you out! As for living off the land I admire your resolve but I believe you are in for a rude awakening. The skills to do so take years to acquire and the learning curve is fraught with danger and suffering in many forms. Be outgoing/ hardworking/ humble/ honest and the locals up here will teach and trade with you. What you yearn for is up north, now stick your thumb out and get going. PS I don't recommend jumping the border, respect our sovereignty fucker.
This is false information. the skills to be an animal do not have to take a long time to acquire, nor do they have to be fraught with danger and suffering. that's ridiculous. obviously it's not an easy thing to go into a degraded landscape and survive alone (I'm not trying to do that) but if you believe that being alive while relying on civilization for survival is better than not existing at all then I think your values are corrupted by the false narrative of civilization or you've given up on life and turned to hedonism.
there is no real value to be acquired through a life relying on agriculture and industry.

Look at all the "to be"! this is just how it seems to me. fuck English.

Ranger

Reaction score
We have a name for guys like you up North, "End of the roaders". Idealistic ranting hippies that watched "into the wild" one too many times and don't listen to the locals who live it every day. Do not get me wrong, I am trying to be constructive not negative and I have a ton of experience in the bush to share if someone wants to listen. It is preferable to learn from the experience of those that came before rather than trial and error. Keep talking about living this lifestyle while I live it, literally making plans to hunt a Black Bear for meat in the next few weeks, mmm sausage...

DazeDreamer

Reaction score
We have a name for guys like you up North, "End of the roaders". Idealistic ranting hippies that watched "into the wild" one too many times and don't listen to the locals who live it every day. Do not get me wrong, I am trying to be constructive not negative and I have a ton of experience in the bush to share if someone wants to listen. It is preferable to learn from the experience of those that came before rather than trial and error. Keep talking about living this lifestyle while I live it, literally making plans to hunt a Black Bear for meat in the next few weeks, mmm sausage...
Yeah you're talking about a very different ecosystem than I'm trying to do this in and I've interacted with people who have much more experience than I living in this type of ecosystem and there is no pretention that it is easy but your description, as I was trying to say, does not seem applicable to every situation. maybe that's how it was for you, but that is not the only way it can be and telling strangers that they're in for a rude awakening doesn't seem constructive to me. it's not like I haven't already been learning and practicing for this for years, most of it actually occurred during a short period of time just spread out over a long time because I've been wasting so much time and energy trying to connect with delusional people and live a delusional lifestyle. I would say that being part of civilization is what takes you to the end of the road. if I continued to do that for the rest of my life my existence would result in a net loss of value to the world, within my value system which I would not propose to be objective even if it seems pretty clearly more developed to me than a value system that says enjoying your life is more important than being biomass that supports the variation and vitality of living systems as a whole. there is no external morality just do whatever the fuck you do and this is what I am I wouldn't rather be any other person that I know of even if in a year I'm dead and no one remembers me.

Reactions: heroinjane
D

Deleted member 125

Yeah you're talking about a very different ecosystem than I'm trying to do this in and I've interacted with people who have much more experience than I living in this type of ecosystem and there is no pretention that it is easy but your description, as I was trying to say, does not seem applicable to every situation. maybe that's how it was for you, but that is not the only way it can be and telling strangers that they're in for a rude awakening doesn't seem constructive to me. it's not like I haven't already been learning and practicing for this for years, most of it actually occurred during a short period of time just spread out over a long time because I've been wasting so much time and energy trying to connect with delusional people and live a delusional lifestyle. I would say that being part of civilization is what takes you to the end of the road. if I continued to do that for the rest of my life my existence would result in a net loss of value to the world, within my value system which I would not propose to be objective even if it seems pretty clearly more developed to me than a value system that says enjoying your life is more important than being biomass that supports the variation and vitality of living systems as a whole. there is no external morality just do whatever the fuck you do and this is what I am I wouldn't rather be any other person that I know of even if in a year I'm dead and no one remembers me.

so uh, wernt you gonna not interact online with people anymore but now yer replying to stuff like this? i mean feel free to keep replying to things up until the point where you become off topic/spammy but dude you might wanna take a step back for a minute ya know?

DazeDreamer

Reaction score
pretty sure I never claimed I would actually never interact with people online anymore, I just have wanted to and attempted to stop doing it multiple times but as I've also stated before, compulsively do anyway because if I don't interact with people online then I pretty much never interact with anyone at all. not that it's productive either way because I don't know anyone I could do things that aren't a waste of time with.

It just seems ridiculous to say things like this as if there isn't already enough saying that leaving civilization will be suffering. that's all that anyone says about it and it sounds like a survivalist perspective which is not where I'm coming from at all.

Packitup

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Tbh I was raised in the woods. Didn't visit a grocery store until I was a teen. My grandfather is a Cherokee. He taught us from a young age on how to trap fish and gather. I can shoot a bow with no sights and hit whatever it is from where ever it is. I can make my arrows and bow string. As for the cold I find it a challenge well worth taking. I plan on going towards N.W. territories less of a chance of running into someone. I plan on getting bear spray but only need it for warm weather(lol) since they hibernate during winter. Best time to bag a bear is right before they go into the hibernating stage. Fur will be thicker for winter(good coat) I do have a dog. Debating on whether to bring her though. If I die I die. Even the coyotes need to eat. I've had this urge to live the old way for a very long time. This city is getting on my nerves and the way the world is becoming in not sure I wsnt to be around the people any longer. So its time to find out what I'm made of.

Reactions: Phuen

Ranger

Reaction score
Well you certainly have the aptitude for your adventure then, the cold weather experience will come. I personally find the silence, solitude and profound cold of a northern winter exhilarating not to mention the Aurora(northern lights)! You will need to invest in some serious cold weather gear if you intend to be outside in the dead of winter, it is often difficult to find used parkas/ winter boots once you are north of 60. I have a few ideas for you in terms of different ways your trip cold focus long term but that's for PM if your interested.

heroinjane

Reaction score
Have you ever woke up one morning and just wish you could disappear. Or wish you didnt have to work just to end up being broke. To wake up and fish or hunt all day. Build a cabin and live the old way. Well you can. It will take a little bit of work but hey, what doesn't. I plan on hiking from the states to Canada. A particularly far hike and there will be no return. So if interested let me know. Its easier with a group. This will be a real adventure and I'm doing it without the permission of officials. It's a risk I'm willing to take....... Are you. Let me know because I am sooooooo serious on leaving modern civilization. Im tired of the city, the people itself, the ignorant rule we must obey or else(doesn't sound like freedom to me) just let me know if you are interested, because I am.

Wish I hadn't missed this opportunity

AyeAaron

Hobocop
Reaction score
They sound incredibly naive to me, out here sitting on a frozen mountain by the border of Canadia.

"if you believe that being alive while relying on civilization for survival is better than not existing at all then I think your values are corrupted by the false narrative of civilization or you've given up on life and turned to hedonism.
there is no real value to be acquired through a life relying on agriculture and industry."

I don't even pity this guy, what an ass.

• Agree
Reactions: stacysadistic

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads