Looking for a good lightweight pack | Squat the Planet

Looking for a good lightweight pack

jay513

Reaction score
I'm lookin for a reliable lightweight pack that can carry a sleeping bag, maybe a small tent an other essentials. like some clothes or whatever. any help would be appreciated. thanks

Soldat222

Reaction score
How big of a pack do you want? If you want a small but versatile pack the US military assault pack is really good. It can hold a good deal of stuff in its large and small pocket. The other advantage is the straps and buckles on the sides and top so you can strap tents or whatever else to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001U3EW00/

If you want a larger pack with a frame you can shove a ton of shit into I reccomend the old US Army ALICE ruck sacks. They can fit a ton of gear and you can get the CHEAP online and at most surplus stores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LARGE-Olive...422?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a7b37b866

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
I tryed to downsize my load out but I went back to my large Alice due to the MSS that I carry I can't fit the Bulky system into a medium Alice.So I got a Med Alice pack minus the frame and straps.lmk $15 plus $5 for shipping and its yours.

I have been using a large Alice plus the Hellcat mod that upgrades all the straps to the updated molle system used today.Its one hell of a awesome system for the money.Alot of today's modern bags will simply fall apart after a few mont
hs of hard use.The old 20+ yr old Alice stuff just takes it and goes lol.

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
I like the GoLite JAM 35 Liter...I got it for 100 bucks. It's pretty durable from what I've heard and read and holds all of my stuff. I'll get back to you once I start using it frequently to confirm durability. It holds up to 30 lbs. It weighs a little over a pound, you'd need a waterproof pack cover, but it may be what you're looking for. If you are a small guy like me though they may not have your size in stock. I think Medium and Large are available on the GoLite.com website and I saw a few packs on eBay.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads