lookin to travel

anost

Reaction score
hey, i'm chris

i'm currently living in upstate, new york (inbetween nyc and alb) after having had lived in maryland my whole life, i'm in my early twenties, at a major crossroads in my life (cliche), and i haven't come to any conclusions other than i'd rather be out traveling and surviving off of my own merits and the kindness of strangers than going to school with no direction and working a dead end job that leaves me feeling empty at the end of the day. i'm an avid bicyclist, i like building and organizing things, taking pictures, and roughing it and cooking. i've seen the continental united states a few times over by conventional means but i'd like to hitch and hop trains to get that under the glass travel experience. i have a few friends who've hopped and my friend tina unfortunately lost her leg in seattle a couple summers ago (which discouraged me for a while) but i'd like to give it a shot. i made my first trip on a local to selkirk (CSX B957) a few days back and i'd like to hook up with some people and do something more substantial.

menu

Reaction score
you should be more specific. like where are you wanting to go. when do you want to leave. and so on. might be a little more helpful.

Ill be in NYC at the end of july. but Im flying out there. maybe if you're still around we can get all drunk and start fires. haha. jk

gotstaGO

Reaction score
I live in Poughkeepsie. I'm not sure whereabouts between Albany and NYC you are, but we should meet up some time. Seems we both want to travel, so if nothing else we could have some drinks and talk about gettin the hell out!

menu

Reaction score
I live in Poughkeepsie. I'm not sure whereabouts between Albany and NYC you are, but we should meet up some time. Seems we both want to travel, so if nothing else we could have some drinks and talk about gettin the hell out!

do you know Leah? and niki? niki is about to have a baby? I know she goes to Poughkeepsie and hangs out a lot. Im actually gonna be out there soon to hang out

menu

Reaction score
Yup, I know both of em. Don't really talk to them.

right on. leah is a really good friend of mine. we road dogged it for a minute in 08. but maybe if you're still in the area around the end of july we can spin some beers.

anost

Reaction score

I live a little up river in hudson ny,. sounds good.

anost

Reaction score
you should be more specific. like where are you wanting to go. when do you want to leave. and so on. might be a little more helpful.

Ill be in NYC at the end of july. but Im flying out there. maybe if you're still around we can get all drunk and start fires. haha. jk

in terms of specifics, i'd like to get lost in my own country, maybe just head out west. i'd like to get going by august.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads