Lock picking

D

deleted user

Best way to learn is by practice. After I got decent with using paperclips and moved to real lockpicks, it's amazing how much easier it is...
Ya I went straight to picks because my friend had like three sets lol.

To be honest I couldn't tell you, most of the locks where the basic 4-5 pin tumbler type. It was always just a matter of applying slight torque and raking the pins until you got it, def no 007 type shit. I certainly enjoyed popping the locks on things where people tried to keep us out, but for the most part it was just work.
We cut keys as well and I had a full subscription to "key cods on line" which gave me access to cutting most keys as well as combination locks. Surprisingly enough I rarely if ever did much with the access.
That being said most household locks are still a piece of cake with a pick set.

Ya, all the house locks I've picked we're shitty (the ones on our building lol) and I've picked all of them. So far I've been able to pick all the locks I've attempted.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
So far I've been able to pick all the locks I've attempted.

My girlfriend used to work for a Senator when I met her, before I took her down hill. Anyhow you should have seen the keys they had. 3 dimensional, all sorts of weird shapes.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
jiggling keys or?

Dude I'm trying to find an example on line but cant find anything close. Instead of just having the one or two sets of tumblers on the top and or bottom, its a 365 degree key, and maybe just a bit longer in length than your average household key
They don't just have teeth like a regular key where you have the 12345 positions. Instead its made up of 3D peices that come in different shapes and sizes and are laid out along and around the cylinder. Its the only place I've ever seen a key like that, and I remember thinking that would be a tough one to pick, if at all.

D

deleted user

Dude I'm trying to find an example on line but cant find anything close. Instead of just having the one or two sets of tumblers on the top and or bottom, its a 365 degree key, and maybe just a bit longer in length than your average household key
They don't just have teeth like a regular key where you have the 12345 positions. Instead its made up of 3D peices that come in different shapes and sizes and are laid out along and around the cylinder. Its the only place I've ever seen a key like that, and I remember thinking that would be a tough one to pick, if at all.

ya that sounds crazy lol

L

LiveFreeDieFree

Get a PDF of any book by publishers Paladin Press. Tons of useful info including tutorials and shit about picking locks.
Interesting how one book was banned in North America after someone was convicted of a double murder in the states who possessed the book: Hitman: how to be a contract killer. Fucked up.

You're welcome!

E

Erable

Is it legal in some states to get a set of lockpicks, or are they at least available under some pretense like "novelty items" or something?
I'm from BC, and I've never seen lockpicks around here.
Where does one even find them?

Hylyx

Reaction score
Online, mostly. toool.org is a great resource, I had a set of their picks and they are great quality.
A friend of mine also just started selling these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/169765368/lock-pick-earrings
I SO want a pair, and I guess they'd be considered earrings? I have no idea what the legality is in Canada. Here in the states they are legal to have unless you have them on you while committing another crime...

E

Erable

Online, mostly. toool.org is a great resource, I had a set of their picks and they are great quality.
A friend of mine also just started selling these: http://www.etsy.com/listing/169765368/lock-pick-earrings
I SO want a pair, and I guess they'd be considered earrings? I have no idea what the legality is in Canada. Here in the states they are legal to have unless you have them on you while committing another crime...

As it so happens, they're legal in my province, so I think I'm gonna get a me a set, and start tryin' it out.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads