Leaving Arkansas For Texas, Missouri or Tennesse

train in vain

Reaction score
there's a train that goes to mexico from pine bluff??! which train?
Double stack trains from chicago to mexico crew change there. Theres probably a couple a day (maybe more?) headed that way via san antonio. It would be all containers with a umax reporting mark. the containers will probably be lots of pacer apl csx umax etc...but the actual reporting mark of the container will be like umax 765489 even if the container itself isnt one of the blue umax containers.
Catching a train down to pine bluff from here is really easy as well.
I guess none of that makes any sense if you dont know about trains though haha.

VeronicaK1997

Reaction score
Double stack trains from chicago to mexico crew change there. Theres probably a couple a day (maybe more?) headed that way via san antonio. It would be all containers with a umax reporting mark. the containers will probably be lots of pacer apl csx umax etc...but the actual reporting mark of the container will be like umax 765489 even if the container itself isnt one of the blue umax containers.
Catching a train down to pine bluff from here is really easy as well.
I guess none of that makes any sense if you dont know about trains though haha.

I want to go to Mexico City and go sightseeing now. Any ideas/insight?

train in vain

Reaction score
I want to go to Mexico City and go sightseeing now. Any ideas/insight?
You could definitely ride to the border at laredo after that...no idea. Never been to mexico train wise. I think those trains do go to mexico city if i remember right. You could possibly cross into and mexico and get back on one. Seems a little ambitious for someone with no train experience though. You can also catch trains to los angeles/long beach from pine bluff.

Reaction score
I personally can't recommend St. Louis. It's my base of operations and i refuse to rough it out here. The laws are draconian, the climate is harsh and unpredictable, and it's the murder capital and I've lost a couple of friends who where killed for simple fucking sport. Now Tennessee... that's where it's at. Some of my best travels have been through there. Chattanooga is fantastic, and if urban camping ain't for you, head to the Smokey mountains. I cant tell you all the greatbmemoeies I have in those mountains. Hope this helps.

Tallcity314

Reaction score
I personally can't recommend St. Louis. It's my base of operations and i refuse to rough it out here. The laws are draconian, the climate is harsh and unpredictable, and it's the murder capital and I've lost a couple of friends who where killed for simple fucking sport. Now Tennessee... that's where it's at. Some of my best travels have been through there. Chattanooga is fantastic, and if urban camping ain't for you, head to the Smokey mountains. I cant tell you all the greatbmemoeies I have in those mountains. Hope this helps.
Have you ever headed west from St Louis? I live in University City and am thinking about heading to Seattle... looking for advice.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads