Tadaa

Wanderer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Tallinn, Estonia
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
WOW.. just saw an amazing film. made me cry.

basis story:
Iraq war veteran with Post traumatic stress disorder and his 13 year old daughter live in a tent in the woods outside Portland, Oregon. They get spotted and taken out the woods..
all you need to know.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3892172/

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
that movie bummed me the fuck out. i hadnt cried during a movie since my ex said we should watch "inside out" while we were drunk until i saw this movie.

schmutz

cooler than you
StP Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Omaha
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I tried to get tickets for this when it played in Omaha but missed out. Still really want to see it. Glad to hear positive feedback

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Fresno, Ca
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
It was good and it was sad, just finished watching it. Coulda been sadder though, so I guess there's that.

SlankyLanky

the friendliest mod
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
richmond virginia, the east coasts portland.
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
list of films @Engineer J Lupo also thinks could of been sadder: life is beautiful, old yeller, my girl, the ending to terminator 2 when he gives the thumbs up before melting, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, up, and last but not least marley and me.

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Fresno, Ca
Reactions
99% 0% 0%
Haha, nah I don't mean it could have used more sadness. I meant yes, it was sad but it could have been Dear Zachary sad.

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
In transit as per usual
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
Hachi was the saddest movie of all time but once I saw the comparison to that moment in Terminator 2 I knew that I could never watch this movie

RottonCotton

Pilgrim
I deleted myself
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Dallas Texas
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
WOW.. just saw an amazing film. made me cry.

basis story:
Iraq war veteran with Post traumatic stress disorder and his 13 year old daughter live in a tent in the woods outside Portland, Oregon. They get spotted and taken out the woods..
all you need to know.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3892172/

This man is a very good friend to me . What they did is bullshit to him . There's more to the story

OP
OP
Tadaa

Tadaa

Wanderer
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Tallinn, Estonia
Reactions
95% 0% 5%
This man is a very good friend to me . What they did is bullshit to him . There's more to the story
are you talking about the person the story is based on ?

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
On the road
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Not surprised the authorities considered their living conditions unacceptable. HA! The girl had no cavities and was way above her intelligence level for her age. Too bad more parents weren't as badass as him. I've read the book twice. Even though the book is fiction, there's some great ideas within it- like covering up shiny parts of a pack, hiding stuff in camp and making emergency dugout shelters. Dressing more civilian like when going to town so they wouldn't raise any suspicion.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1140240/posts

The movie definitely touched a nerve with me, as I saw a little of myself in the Dad living how he choose to live.

I wonder how him and his daughter are doing now and what her thoughts are on her time living in forest park. Hope they're out there doing well.

schmutz

cooler than you
StP Supporter
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Omaha
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
I watched it last night with my boys. They really enjoyed . I did for the most part too....I dunno the end kind of phased me off but maybe more because I could relate to the rest of it with having to house up to get my kids back etc...

Mj23

Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Kansas city
Reactions
89% 0% 11%
yep. watched a few months ago. made my throat ache a little. excellent performance.

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Threads
Reactions
Current Location
Melbourne, AUS
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
About to watch this on an airplane. Probably going to wait for everyone to fall asleep tho before I envitabely sit here crying

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Donate to StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$50.00

Latest Status Updates

siid wrote on Juan Derlust's profile.
"You're never so drunk you'd eat a plate of shit someone offered you" so how would u say that in spanish ??
feeling very, very lost and very, very lonesome. I don't know if I want to slam Xanax bars and sleep, run, or just start screaming.
Woke up pulling into Amarillo with a frozen water jug now to make the Memphis run through Tulsa
Visiting San Diego for first time in 22 years!
Leo
Been spinning my wheels in Anchorage lately. Looked after some much needed dental work at UAA. Some of it had to be put off for a week as I was in the dental chair during the quake. That was some day...
Officially been back at the base for 2 weeks tomorrow. Somewhere along the way, I feel like I shifted to an alternate reality. Shit's just been a different kind of weird.
My stuff got stolen out of my work partner's car. Nothing I can't replace, but it's disheartening how desperate people will get.
booking fligths tomorrow for another month long road and rail trip around southwest usa... so done with winter !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
MagicBusArt