2021 Jamboree Last minute location change, PLEASE READ

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2021 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Ooh. Cool site. I like this spot the best out of all those:. 47.264639,-121.190722

Right on the lake.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ooh. Cool site. I like this spot the best out of all those:. 47.264639,-121.190722

Right on the lake.
yeah and that's where @Jerrell's friend is at, says it looks all clear out there.

I think we should try that first, the one about a half mile north on the lake 2nd and tinkham road last (it's up by snoqualmie pass).

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay, so here's my proposal:

i think we should use this location 1st, iOverlander | Kachess Lake Wildlife - https://ioverlander.com/places/118419-kachess-lake-wildlife

this location as a backup (0.5 miles away from 1st): iOverlander | Kachess Lakeshore - https://ioverlander.com/places/134806-kachess-lakeshore

and this location 3rd, it's up by snoqualmie pass: Tinkham Road Dispersed Camping Reviews updated 2021 - https://www.campendium.com/tinkham-road

they're all close to each other, so if the first one doesn't work out we can easily move to the backup location, etc. the first two are on a lake, which is nice. also, we have word from one person that's out there right now and says things seem chill.

the 3rd location (tinkham road) seems to be the least prone to being closed, but doesn't have a lake.

thoughts?

Honey Crust

Reaction score
Website
flowercrownmeaqueen.bandcamp.com
Are we set on the central part of the state? That seems to be where most of the fires are, and beyond just avoiding closed camping spots we should also think about air quality, for as long as we’re thinking about staying out there. is there nothing as far as camping in the western part of the state? If we’re meeting in Seattle that would be a shorter drive, and the whole western half of Washington looks to be free of fire.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Are we set on the central part of the state? That seems to be where most of the fires are, and beyond just avoiding closed camping spots we should also think about air quality, for as long as we’re thinking about staying out there. is there nothing as far as camping in the western part of the state? If we’re meeting in Seattle that would be a shorter drive, and the whole western half of Washington looks to be free of fire.
as far as im aware, every spot we've proposed would be considered to be western washington :)

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Theres the Olympic peninsula but they are really strict about having a discover pass ($30 per vehicle). The summer gets busy so many spots may fill up quickly.

Then there's the area around Gold Bar/Index on highway 2. Very scenic.

There's places out by where I live in Darrington, but that's further of a drive from Seattle. Also very scenic, nice rivers.

Then there's also the areas around Shelton/Elma that thered be some spots. It's pretty backwoods, redneck in those parts

jimi

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm down to go out scouting anywhere within a 1-2 hr drive from Seattle on monday during the day. Gonna borrow a little car with better gas mileage than my van. If anyone wants to tag along, or wants to form a team and split up to scout different areas, lemme know! It'd definitely be more fun & less stress with company.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
@jimi @Matt Derrick dude, what about salmon la sac road area? It's above cle elum lake, has a dope looking swimming hole With a cliff to jump off, and lots of free spots to camp along the river or so I'm reading.

Screenshot_20210730-134119.png
Screenshot_20210730-135203.png

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@jimi @Matt Derrick dude, what about salmon la sac road area? It's above cle elum lake, has a dope looking swimming hole With a cliff to jump off, and lots of free spots to camp along the river or so I'm reading.
that looks pretty dope to me!

• Agree
Reactions: iamwhatiam

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
that looks pretty dope to me!
Right? And I'm looking at the salmon la sac road and forest service roads that branch off and they keep going up the forest towards cooper lake or beyond. Gotta be able to find somewhere along there to camp.
Bring your inner tubes/water air mattresses boys and girls!

Dameon

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm down to go out scouting anywhere within a 1-2 hr drive from Seattle on monday during the day. Gonna borrow a little car with better gas mileage than my van. If anyone wants to tag along, or wants to form a team and split up to scout different areas, lemme know! It'd definitely be more fun & less stress with company.
I'd tag along on that, I have a couple ideas on places to look and I'm in Seattle atm

Reactions: jimi

Dameon

Reaction score
I guess if you aren't used to normal Washington weather .02 in might be considered showers haha
I'm from Washington...but people also often don't prepare for rain in the summer, especially when it hasn't rained in months, so I thought I might let people know so they'd be prepared, especially since if you're used to Washington you should know that .02 could become 2.0 fairly unexpectedly.

PacificEgg

Reaction score
I'm from Washington...but people also often don't prepare for rain in the summer, especially when it hasn't rained in months, so I thought I might let people know so they'd be prepared, especially since if you're used to Washington you should know that .02 could become 2.0 fairly unexpectedly.
True day haha

jimi

Reaction score
I'd tag along on that, I have a couple ideas on places to look and I'm in Seattle atm
Hell yeah! I'm planning on hitting the I90 and heading out towards Cle Elum unless anything changes. I'll hit you up tomorrow evening and we'll sort out the details, and I'll come swoop ya up from wherever on monday morning!

Jerrell

Reaction score
Just went swimming in Kachess Lake a couple hrs ago.

Reactions: iamwhatiam

Jerrell

Reaction score
We just checked out the Salmon's sack hole. It's overrun with weekend warriors.

Jerrell

Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads