2021 Jamboree Last minute location change, PLEASE READ

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2021 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey folks, unfortunately due to mechanical issues, we came up short on having enough boats to take everyone out to cypress island. This has forced us to change the location of the Jamboree at the last minute to somewhere near Cle Elum, Washington.

The current plan is to meet in Seattle at Jimi Hendrix Park on August 4th, at 1pm and caravan over the Snoqualmie pass to a location just west of Cle Elum, WA. Based on feedback I've gotten here we should have at least four vehicles and around 15 seats available. If you need help with gas, please let me know, I'll be glad to fill your tank for the journey.

We have several options in the Cle Elum area for free camping. If by chance the first site we go to is full, we have a few backup locations in mind.

If you are certain you're coming out, please reply to this thread so we can make sure to have enough seats for everyone. Supplies (food/booze/etc) can be picked up in Cle Elum for a reasonable price (probably more reasonable than Seattle).

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a private message on the forums or in the discord server.

Thanks for bearing with us, hope to see you out there!

Last edited:

Spazz

Reaction score
I'm not at all sure that I can make it this time, but this also works better for me for the same reason.

Seattle is a lot closer than Quartzsite, so I hope there will be a next time.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
glad people are okay with the change! i'll post some more info on the location we're going to soon, but it's only about an hour or less drive from the meetup location (headed east on i90).

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
glad people are okay with the change! i'll post some more info on the location we're going to soon, but it's only about an hour or less drive from the meetup location (headed east on i90).
I might try and drive up there in the next few days and scout some

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I might try and drive up there in the next few days and scout some
im going to come up with a list for ya if you do, most are on a lake or river and im pretty familiar with the area (my family lives around there).

Last edited:
Reactions: iamwhatiam

PacificEgg

Reaction score
Hey folks, unfortunately due to mechanical issues, we came up short on having enough boats to take everyone out to cypress island. This has forced us to change the location of the Jamboree at the last minute to somewhere near Cle Elum, Washington.

The current plan is to meet in Seattle at Jimi Hendrix Park on August 4th, at 1pm and caravan over the Snoqualmie pass to a location just west of Cle Elum, WA. Based on feedback I've gotten here we should have at least four vehicles and around 15 seats available. If you need help with gas, please let me know, I'll be glad to fill your tank for the journey.

We have several options in the Cle Elum area for free camping. If by chance the first site we go to is full, we have a few backup locations in mind.

If you are certain you're coming out, please reply to this thread so we can make sure to have enough seats for everyone. Supplies (food/booze/etc) can be picked up in Cle Elum for a reasonable price (probably more reasonable than Seattle).

If you have any questions, please post them here or send me a private message on the forums or in the discord server.

Thanks for bearing with us, hope to see you out there!
I can make it for sure, I'm taking the greyhound so saves me like 40$ in ticket fees haha.

Jerrell

Reaction score
I'm driving up hwy 97 from Weed, CA starting either this evening or tomorrow.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Ugh. So, apparently there are hella wildfires going on in the areas surrounding the Cle Elum area, to the point where the state is not allowing anyone to camp in the forests. To be honest I'm pretty frustrated since I spent the majority of the past 2-3 days trying to find a location out in that direction (not being present in the areas makes it pretty difficult), and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. So, I'm opening it up to discussion between folks here that plan on attending.

We could possibly move things over to the Olympic national forest, but that's probably going to incur a daily fee or require a discovery pass per vehicle ($30, good for a year).

If anyone has ideas I'd love to hear them.

PacificEgg

Reaction score
Ugh. So, apparently there are hella wildfires going on in the areas surrounding the Cle Elum area, to the point where the state is not allowing anyone to camp in the forests. To be honest I'm pretty frustrated since I spent the majority of the past 2-3 days trying to find a location out in that direction (not being present in the areas makes it pretty difficult), and I'm not entirely sure what to do at this point. So, I'm opening it up to discussion between folks here that plan on attending.

We could possibly move things over to the Olympic national forest, but that's probably going to incur a daily fee or require a discovery pass per vehicle ($30, good for a year).

I googled free camping areas in WA, and found a website called thedyrt, they had a list and I looked through them. They are mostly on the eastern border of Washington, in Cle Elum, but I might of found 1 if anyone wants to vet it.

Old Cascades Highway Dispersed — Skykomish, WA​

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the deal....the DNR and WDFW have closed several areas to camping on the eastern side of the state due to wildfires. Also, the governor has issued an emergency statewide ban on all recreational fires until the drought passes.

If I have time, I wanted to go and see in person a few of the spots near cle elum to see if they are in fact open to camping. Or if anyone else in Seattle area feels so inclined, that'd be cool

• Useful

Jerrell

Reaction score
I know a rubbertramp camping near Cle Elum right now. Nothing's ever really closed.

jimi

Reaction score
I have a friend in an RV staying out on some private property in cle elum right now, I just hit her up to see if she has any info!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Awesome! Thank you both for the help!

jimi

Reaction score
I have a friend in an RV staying out on some private property in cle elum right now, I just hit her up to see if she has any info!
"Yeah so all the camping that’s on public land or DNR department of natural resources are completely closed because of fire danger. It really stinks but all the recreation areas are closed. We have had a fire ban since Memorial Day. I do know that the national forests are still open and private campgrounds. It’s pretty much any place that requires the discovery pass for dnr land that are closed."

She recommended looking on Campendium so I'm giving that a glance now

• Useful

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
a friend of @Jerrell is parked here and says there's no fire or smoke, there's a few other spots nearby on ioverlander that say good things about the area, looks like a strong possibility to me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads