Las Vegas Bans Sleeping/Camping on sidewalks | Squat the Planet

Las Vegas Bans Sleeping/Camping on sidewalks

Crazy Hobo Johnny

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, should we be surprised? I lived in Las Vegas from January to September of 1987 on Paradise Rd. Near the airport.

What? $1,000 fine? Where's an unemployed homeless person going to get that $$$? 6 months in jail? I hope they have enough room!!! This is a crock of Bullsh*t!

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
I think they had this on Fox this morning. Here in Redding they do not allow you to sleep on the sidewalks. They will fine you for Unlawfully Camping.

I live outside the city limits between Redding and Anderson. To set up a tent in my yard I guess the county wants me to get a camping permit. My son wanted to camp in the back yard the summer of 2016. I didn't bother with any permits and they never bothered me afterwards.

• Love It
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Maki40

Reaction score
I'm in Vegas now and have seen multiple homeless people with shopping carts and all bent over the hood of a police car in cuffs the last week. Ive heard lots of homeless complaining about it. I've got a camp on the outskirts and out of view so I've had no problems. The weather is great though :)

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

WyldLyfe

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in Vegas now and have seen multiple homeless people with shopping carts and all bent over the hood of a police car in cuffs the last week. Ive heard lots of homeless complaining about it. I've got a camp on the outskirts and out of view so I've had no problems. The weather is great though :)

Say hidden brother, don't let the pigglets snort and sniff there way to you, when you hear the grunting in the night, duck outta der. ⛺🐖🐖

D

Deleted member 25988

Wow, should we be surprised? I lived in Las Vegas from January to September of 1987 on Paradise Rd. Near the airport.

What? $1,000 fine? Where's an unemployed homeless person going to get that $$$? 6 months in jail? I hope they have enough room!!! This is a crock of Bullsh*t!
The trick is to get you into jail.

Cop gives you a ridiculous fine, then the next time you interact with an officer they throw you in jail for failing to pay the fine.

One of the most chilling reasons for being sent back to prison is failure to pay a fine! The United States has the largest incarcerated population in the world, climbing from 600,000 to over 2 million in just a few decades. In some jurisdictions, about 20 percent of those serving time were incarcerated because they didn’t pay their criminal justice debts - such as a fine for sleeping on a sidewalk.

• Agree
Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads