Las Vegas Bans Sleeping/Camping on sidewalks (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
Current Location
Milwaukee Wisconsin
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, should we be surprised? I lived in Las Vegas from January to September of 1987 on Paradise Rd. Near the airport.

What? $1,000 fine? Where's an unemployed homeless person going to get that $$$? 6 months in jail? I hope they have enough room!!! This is a crock of Bullsh*t!

BradKajukenbo

Wanderer
Current Location
Redding, California
I think they had this on Fox this morning. Here in Redding they do not allow you to sleep on the sidewalks. They will fine you for Unlawfully Camping.

I live outside the city limits between Redding and Anderson. To set up a tent in my yard I guess the county wants me to get a camping permit. My son wanted to camp in the back yard the summer of 2016. I didn't bother with any permits and they never bothered me afterwards.

Maki40

Pilgrim
Current Location
Houston, tx
Website
m.youtube.com
I'm in Vegas now and have seen multiple homeless people with shopping carts and all bent over the hood of a police car in cuffs the last week. Ive heard lots of homeless complaining about it. I've got a camp on the outskirts and out of view so I've had no problems. The weather is great though :)

WyldLyfe

Rambler
Current Location
Australia
I'm in Vegas now and have seen multiple homeless people with shopping carts and all bent over the hood of a police car in cuffs the last week. Ive heard lots of homeless complaining about it. I've got a camp on the outskirts and out of view so I've had no problems. The weather is great though :)
Say hidden brother, don't let the pigglets snort and sniff there way to you, when you hear the grunting in the night, duck outta der. ⛺🐖🐖

Current Location
Canada
Wow, should we be surprised? I lived in Las Vegas from January to September of 1987 on Paradise Rd. Near the airport.

What? $1,000 fine? Where's an unemployed homeless person going to get that $$$? 6 months in jail? I hope they have enough room!!! This is a crock of Bullsh*t!
The trick is to get you into jail.

Cop gives you a ridiculous fine, then the next time you interact with an officer they throw you in jail for failing to pay the fine.

One of the most chilling reasons for being sent back to prison is failure to pay a fine! The United States has the largest incarcerated population in the world, climbing from 600,000 to over 2 million in just a few decades. In some jurisdictions, about 20 percent of those serving time were incarcerated because they didn’t pay their criminal justice debts - such as a fine for sleeping on a sidewalk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Members online