Laredo After Trump | Squat the Planet

Laredo After Trump

noothgrush

Reaction score
No walls yet but you might be better off going through California/Tijuana. The Texas border can be sketchy as fuck (depending on where you are crossing of course).

Vae Victis

Reaction score
No walls yet but you might be better off going through California/Tijuana. The Texas border can be sketchy as fuck (depending on where you are crossing of course).
I see. I heard there were troops. I have no clue if I would go somewhere with soldiers to cross a border. And what if they check the trains thoroughly?

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
Try Cali. I've never hopped the border, but I AM a former soldier and I've got friends from my time in active duty who are now in the national guard of various states. I've got a bunch of buddies in the Cali guard/reserves, and they're all pulling out of the border; thankfully that governor has more sense than Trump and deems it a waste of time and manpower to keep people stationed there. Texas seems sketchy at the moment. I'm personally in Arizona now, so I'll reach out to some military people I know here and see what their take is on it later.

Cam3J

Reaction score
I've crossed in San Ysidro, Matamoros, Laredo, Juarez, and Los Algodones.
Algodones is easiest. I just walked right in, no one asked me anything. Went straight to the ABC bus station (Mexican version of greyhound) and bought a ticket. Been to nearly every state in Mexico that way. American side just IDs you and digs through your bag when you come back by foot.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Vae Victis

Reaction score
I've crossed in San Ysidro, Matamoros, Laredo, Juarez, and Los Algodones.
Algodones is easiest. I just walked right in, no one asked me anything. Went straight to the ABC bus station (Mexican version of greyhound) and bought a ticket. Been to nearly every state in Mexico that way. American side just IDs you and digs through your bag when you come back by foot.
Would you recommend getting to Yuma?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads