knifes/weapons that can not be detected by metal detectors | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

knifes/weapons that can not be detected by metal detectors

WanderLost Radical

Reaction score
When I head out in June I've been thinking about carrying dog repellent(mace) and possibly this meat tenderizer. I have a spring loaded knife I was gonna bring but really don't want anything that will land me in jail

Smart move on the knife. For the meat tenderizer, though, I think that'd be really heavy and unpractical to carry around. I can think of many many better options out there...

Eyegor

Reaction score
I do carry a couple blades as utility tools. I may have a staff along depending. But everything I carry is considered disposable. Never know when you will have to ditch. So far I've lost more gear than I've intentionally dumped but it's happened.
As for "prison stories" I think most here could make a shank if necessary. Inmates know that being caught holding is a big deal so won't carry "just in case". If they're holding it is for a very specific reason. Easier to have it stashed somewhere near by. As for paper; with proper folding, wetting, and forming a very functional baton can be formed. A very tightly rolled magazine is a quick equivalent. Don't under estimate it.

Will Wood

Reaction score
Look people, just because a metal detector can not pick up something does not mean it can not be seen on an x-ray machine, like at airports. If you need a weapon, try wasp and hornet spray(poor man's pepper gas), and a sock with a can of food in it.. If it needs to be less floppy roll some newspaper up and put that in the sock with the can of food.. It is always better to beat a trail, than to beat a head.. Carry peace in you heart and find peaceful people..

Reactions: PAN AM HOBO
A

AlwaysLost

Wait... cant you take busses with a knife? Mine got robbed in Laos, and I wanted to buy a new one back in Canada (all the ones for sale in Asia are illegal in America. Ive literally seen a stiletto-brass knuckle handle for sale in Bangkok.)

But if it's illegal in bus rides I might go for a 'walking' stick. Cant you leave them in you luggage compartment pack or something?

Its legal to put your sharp items in your checked bag for greyhound but not on your person...I've never been checked tho.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads