Killing time on the road | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Killing time on the road

milkhauler

Reaction score
Im a gadget geek and ebook reader. I also like tinkering with various mechanical mechanisms. I used to be a locksmith in PHX, so I still practice picking various pad locks I have around. Music is also on my go to list to kill time. I have a few train video's made by foamers. I have this one HD vid that is nearly 3 hrs of freights rolling by. Its kinda relaxing listening to those crossing bells and clickity clack. I've prolly played it 30 times in the last 3 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 2626

Yeahhh slingshot. Guitar. Reading, writing. Grooming or fiddling with my dog. Sewing gear or clothes of making my leather craft stuff. Whittling sometimes. Drinking. Smoking pot at times. Other things at times.

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
I talk to myself a lot. It's really good for ya to verbalize all your deepest thoughts and ideas as if you were explaining them to the grasshoppers next to the highway. After a while of doing that, I'll start singing. Then whistling. If hitchhiking, I can't tell ya how many times I've been belting Iron Maiden as theatrically as possible and have gotten picked up much faster - or did the time just go by easier?

Another good thing to do is to chat up random folks everywhere you go. Risk free socializing - eats away whatever anxieties you had about other people back in days housed up..

RovingGale

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I have a journal that I've been carefully transcribing song lyrics into slowly but surely - it's useful for helping me memorize lyrics and it's a cool little thing that fits in a pocket. I also do some sewing, if I've got something that I want to ornament or that needs repairing, and I want to get a small but good embroidery frame so I can work on making new patches and stuff.

buffalobill

Reaction score
Don't forget thrrowing rocks it's awesome u can get really good at it too
I've been slinging for 6 years now

Attachments

• 1448722676213619854292.jpg
    1448722676213619854292.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 195

Dmac

Reaction score
@buffalobill nice sling, I have made several. After a while, it becomes a hunt for the best sling stones. rr balast rocks fly funny, but hit hard. Great pastime, and have never been hassled for having it with me.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I usually just smoke a shit-ton of crack. That always gives you SOMETHING to do......more like, everything to do...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads