killing fleas

Dmac

Reaction score
i recently have had the great fun of trying to rid a cat of fleas. i have tried the shampoo, flea soap, those squeeze on flea and tick things and the old stand by, flea collers. and am still finding the little fuckers. i have bug bombed the rooms the cat is in twice, last time using twice the recomended amount. the rooms are now ok, but the cat still has some fleas. i finally took a whole bottle of the flea shampoo and mixed the whole thing in a 2 1/2 gal bucket of water and have soaked the poor cat in it twice a day, it seems to be working. on the plus side, the cat dosen't seem to mind getting wet anymore.
what i am asking is have any of you ever had this problem before? and what did you do about it? i have had many pets and always the shampoo worked on the first try. this time i used a doller store brand, but it had the same active ingredient as hearts shampoo. is there a home remedy that any of you have used?
any help would be greatly appriciated.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
spread boric acid all over the carpets. put a flea collar inside the vacumn cleaner bag not on the cat. this kills the live ones you suck up from coming back. leave the boric acid on. wash the cat in dawn or some kind of grease cutting dish soap to kill the fleas. vacumn the carpet. repeat this in 2 weeks at the same exact time. fleas can jump 3 feet right through screens. if they came from outside your yard is infested. wear a mask gloves and spread sevin dust all over the yard. keep the windows closed and turn the air condition on as cold as possible.after two weeks clean the carpets with rug doctor. if you visit anyones house who has pets in the future take off your clothes as soon as you get home put them in a sealed bag then wash them in hot water. fleas are a bitch. bug bombs dont work the fleas just hide under furniture legs till the coast is clear.

Dmac

Reaction score
the cat is an indoor cat. windows are shut. i got the cat when it was little, from the barn at the place i work. i got it it's shots and flea dipped right after i got it. haven't had a problem with fleas since last november and all of a sudden, bam! they are biting the shit out of me. never have had this much trouble getting rid of them before. i swear they are some type of super flea.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads