Kids , Tramps , Misfits , Vagabonds | Squat the Planet

Kids , Tramps , Misfits , Vagabonds

P

Popsicle

Here is the deal I see allot of post about dirty kids ? Im myself not a dirty kid but a hopper/tramper with a notorious but quiet group .

With this said I know personly of 2-5 friends I have are members here that read allot . I was asked last night by my boy is that just a dirty kid site ?

My other question if you were to label yourself what would it be besides human?

Hope this fits well in general banter

Blackbird

Jerrell

Reaction score
I've been homeless when I was younger and went as long as I could stand before bathing in a creek or lake if nothing else was available, but I've never considered myself a "dirty kid."
I've surfed couches and camped in the times in between, but never even heard of a "dirty kid" while hanging in soup kitchens and shelters.
I'm hitting the road again in the spring on my own terms and voluntarily, and at 42...pretty sure I'm not gonna be any kind of "kid," but we'll have to wait and see about the "dirty" part. LOL

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
I've have never, not once, tried to describe myself as a dirty kid. Yes, I am more or less on the younger side. Yes, I tend to take long breaks between rubbing soap on myself. That being said, I was never ultra crusty, and I don't tend to listen to punk that often.

I went on tirade about this before so I'll spare ya the rant. To summarize, there are too many other words I prefer to use to identify myself. I like to think that StP is a site for every kind of nomadic traveler, whoever they may be and however they choose to present themselves.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ya, I definitely dont describe myself as a dirty kid either. I dont really like to hang with "crews" or any other large groups of people for that matter. I guess i'd consider myself a nomad/rover/opportunist?

Hence Coywolf.

I love this site because of the vast array of people on it. Putting a certain label on things (includings communities) is pretentious IMO, but hey, some people are proud as hell of their labels, and more power to 'em

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i would describe myself as a 'former crust lord' or former dirty kid. as for this site being only for dirty kids, i'd say we have a majority of folks that are from all kinds of backgrounds, and we're definitely better for it :)

moved thread to people and cultures section!

P

Popsicle

i would describe myself as a 'former crust lord' or former dirty kid. as for this site being only for dirty kids, i'd say we have a majority of folks that are from all kinds of backgrounds, and we're definitely better for it :)

moved thread to people and cultures section!

Classic Matt ,
To all above comments are great I don't like self identity as well. It's insane to be a follower

Unless the dead family

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Road Warrior!!
A Dragon, even when draggin' on at times.

"A Community for Misfit Travelers"
Come as you are. That's why I love STP.

Reactions: ScumRag
D

deleted user

I don't really like all the labels myself, but think groups often like to umbrella themselves under familiar titles. Creates camaraderie, or something. It is smart in any travelling through groups of modern bipedal beasts to know their titles and familiar sayings if you don't want to be instantly other'd out of ignorance. I prefer just to be called Shadow, but you might see me holding all sorts of umbrellas for others at different times...

P

Popsicle

I don't really like all the labels myself, but think groups often like to umbrella themselves under familiar titles. Creates camaraderie, or something. It is smart in any travelling through groups of modern bipedal beasts to know their titles and familiar sayings if you don't want to be instantly other'd out of ignorance. I prefer just to be called Shadow, but you might see me holding all sorts of umbrellas for others at different times...
That's about how life is huh? Well worded and obviously a good soul

Carlvanguyrios

Reaction score
I see this and was why I asked on behalf of another

Perfect me as well !
Ya why label yourself? Aren't we all misfits who don't conform to labels? To me, this site was the inspiration I needed to buy a van and convert/ move into it and travel. There's absolutely no fucking way I would have found the strength to do that in February in Minnesota had it not been for this site. I am anything but "dirty". (Most of the time.) I stay physically and morally clean while rubber tramping or whatever you want to call it when you work part time and live in a van full time and travel when you aren't working. I take regular showers (made easy by Wawa gas stations and a 6 gallon water jug), I help others who are living on the street or just in need of help, and just do my best to do the right things.

Maybe I've been reading this site wrong but I view it as all kinds of travelers sharing stories, pictures, and conversations of all kinds. It's awesome.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads