KCS | Squat the Planet

KCS

railroadron

Reaction score
What an uneventful trip since I left Atl last week. Aint seen a single hopper which is fine with me cause I aint gotta share my Guiness. If there is one thing I ve learned this trip thus far is that if you dont have patience you most certainly will if you ride KCS. Man, they re never in a hurry to get anywhere and can you say stop and go? And for no apparent reason. You also have to watch for the Young engineers who seem to know every time you piss cause they only seem to jerk the slack when you do. Like twice I got up to pee and sure as shit he jerked..almost knocking me off balance..Maybe Guiness has something to do with it..Hmmmm. maybe I need a lite beer? NOT!!!! Anyway..finally left Marshall TX and now sitting in the hole just outside Shreveport and have been since about 3AM. Power still on the lead..so WTF? Like I said..get nowhere fast on KCS. I m dying to get to cold country so I can Justify the weight of this freaking pack which holds the survival of my winter excursion. Anyone ever notice the roadbed of KCS seems to be laid on Jello?

J

Johnny P

KCS will side out for 12 hours becuase they don't have enough crews to run their trains so the crew will sleep until legally allowed to run the train again. Love KCS, favorite line ever! Kansas City Slower!

J

Johnny P

They are actually quite a large system with lots of traffic. The majority of their lines are below the border however...Kansas City Southern de Mexico!

railroadron

Reaction score
The east west line out of Shreveport are pretty busy..bossier city and Lake yard Are always at work and I did see a ton of south and inbound trains while in KC ..mostly KCS unit grain.

J

Johnny P

They do have lots of traffic, just slow traffic. Plus the workers are downright good guys. "Go wait over there in them bushes, We'll come get you when your train is ready." HAHA love KCS, gotta get some more KCS miles under my belt

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob

hshh

Reaction score
Ive always had good expereinces with the crews and workers on kcs. have had kcs trains slowed and stopped just for me to get on outside marshall, and a free taxi on a golfcart to an open boxcar in yard in the middle of bumbfuck nowhere cotton feild LA and other hazy experiences.

• Haha
Reactions: kidbob

hshh

Reaction score
They do have lots of traffic, just slow traffic. Plus the workers are downright good guys. "Go wait over there in them bushes, We'll come get you when your train is ready." HAHA love KCS, gotta get some more KCS miles under my belt

yeah kcs is the only line i dont fear running up to the power to see whats up with whyve been sided for so long or where the train is ganna break

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads