just need a bit of support

wildwerden

Reaction score
Another thing to consider is that a vehicle is a major expense, up front in the initial purchase, then fees, insurance, gas, maintenance, etc. Seems like alot for something you're planning on driving into the ground and abandoning. Maybe save the money you'd be spending on a vehicle and invest in some good gear, and you'd have plenty left over to have fun and adventures with.

Yeah, I've given it some more thought and got in an accident today. looks like I'm probably not getting a vehicle anymore. It's just too much investment into something that I'll be abandoning, like you said. thank you so much for yr help, really appreciate it man.

Peagreen

Reaction score
Is this not reasonable in any sort of way? To have no plan, nothing of any sorts? I told my family about this and they are showing no support whatsoever. I'm not asking for support from them, just for them to understand. That I can no longer function in their society. That I will end up committing suicide if I go to school for four years, get a full-time job and work unhappily until my death. I just cannot do that. I've suffered from depression for five years and now that I'm eighteen, I'm taking matters into my own hands. Being on their medication, in their society's ways has not worked for me at all.

(Gotta love re-igniting old threads)..

Nope, actually it sounds familiar..
Advise is hit-and-miss, sometimes it resonates.., but my $.02 is to follow your heart, and trust your judgement, do that and there isn't much you can do wrong. Life is always going to be filled with ups/downs; doubts, worry, and regret, but trying to beat yourself into a mold that doesn't fit only seems to amplify negative emotions, and break down your resolve.

Reactions: wildwerden

ped

Glorified monkey
Banned
Reaction score
Do what I do and instead of suicide just continue to dredge along in life and try to be a some help to the world without actually being part of it. The ultimate act of compassion to reach nirvana.

Reactions: wildwerden

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads