News & Blogs - Just a heads up! | Squat the Planet

News & Blogs Just a heads up!

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Just a heads up there is a typical storm hitting the south. Just be safe out there. It's hitting Louisiana and Florida maybe parts of east Texas. Just stay safe! Been in one not fun

CricketsChirping

Reaction score
Just a heads up there is a typical storm hitting the south. Just be safe out there. It's hitting Louisiana and Florida maybe parts of east Texas. Just stay safe! Been in one not fun
just tonight in west Oklahoma we got heavy rain. Some couple in the hotel im at came from Amarillo and drove through a hail storm.

Reactions: AaronOnTheRoad

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah storm is not supposed to be nice - over grown cyclone one station said - hitting Alabama and panhandle. ha - right around the time I'm usually down there visiting friends too!

Reactions: AaronOnTheRoad

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe off topic here, but one time i was running from superstorm Sandy in pennsylvania, ended up hitchhiking all the way up to happy valley goose bay Labrador to avoid it. This was when they first completed the translabrador highway. I still got rained on but i avoided those gusts. Tropical storms cant get that far north, but there were some gnarly gale winds that ripped my tent in my time in Newfoundland.

CricketsChirping

Reaction score
Couple years ago while hitching i was dropped off at an intersecrion in the middle of nowhere between Gillette Wy and Douglas Wy when i got caught in a freak storm. Used my tent as a tarp. Tore it up, lost motivation and bitched out of thst trip. Sorry off topic ish

Johny

Reaction score
Im waiting on heavy rain in the next few days in Tennessee, have my bivy and hammock, could use a tarp, found an old tent in the woods may cut it up and try to improvise

AaronOnTheRoad

Reaction score
Im waiting on heavy rain in the next few days in Tennessee, have my bivy and hammock, could use a tarp, found an old tent in the woods may cut it up and try to improvise
Yeah it's going to smash me. Depending on how long it rains i wll ne camping that long.

Johny

Reaction score
Its thick woods an underbrush were I am black as hell at night I just don't want to be passed out and have a tree kill me

Johny

Reaction score
I'm in a lightly used park by my job and girl at the moment but the interstate is right in front of where I work.
It's pretty good except the drug addicts who come through here and there so I tear down camp and stash everything at work during the day unless I'm sleeping there

Johny

Reaction score
My girl still lives in our old apartment, so she brings me dinner and hangs out alot

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads