Jury Duty

bote

Reaction score
yeah, it is ironic, but I also consider Southern California "awesome", where I've been thrown on the ground, handcuffed, illegaly searched then threatened with rape by cops in broad daylight in a hardware store parking lot, then treated to several months of legal circus, where they decided that I could either spend a bunch of time and money to argue my word against three lying cops, or accept that I'd been "disturbing the peace" and pay a hundred dollar fine. I repeat, I was walking across a hardware store parking lot, after spending a morning busting concrete with a steel pole, which is about as honest a day's work as I've been known to do.
I don't judge a place by their law enforcement, their self-professed kings, or by what other people say about it, I judge it by how people seem to be living there, how they treat each other and me.

What I said about knowing more about China media than all of you, pure assholishness and certainly untrue.

as for that Huffington post article, and I quote:

"Klein said the customs officers had told him that they could each have one Bible for personal use, but no more than that."

so at least in this case, the problem isn't their personal beliefs, it's that they are trying to bring in 300 bibles
Bringing 300 of anything over the border is always liable to scrutiny, plus it says that this took place during the Olympics, when everybody's on high alert as it is.

"oh no officer, they're for personal use, I swear"

Fuck'em, they should take a look at what this foreign country has to offer hem, not spend their time trying to hawk their own corrupt ideology.

HAHA! I am Chinese internet propagandist!!!!!!

Reactions: Mankini
I

IBRRHOBO

bah ha ha! yeah, nick it has been hijacked! yeah, i was kinda wanting to check out ol kim jong 'mentally' il's little paradise, too!

yeah, i agree there bote. i just don't like communist countries. narrowmindedness on my part.

bote

Reaction score
sorry Nick, IBRR, veggie. got carried away....

But anyways, do you think the chinese internet police have picked up on this thread yet? I read guardian online, and they swarm the comments anytime there's a China article, maybe we can get our own over here, maybe we can get them to do your jury duty for you Nick. Surrogate communist jurors are the future.

I

IBRRHOBO

shit, my site is a nobody site and they swarm it daily. i'd bet they have a clue.

never be sorry there bote; look thru some of my and veggieguy's retorts! bah ha ha, you'd of thought we were the US and USSR back in the cold war days! that's the beauty of debate, the expression of opposing ideals to allow others to make an educated decision.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads