Event - [Jun 22, 2012] Plan-it-x Fest 2012 (Bloomington, IN) | Squat the Planet

Event [Jun 22, 2012] Plan-it-x Fest 2012 (Bloomington, IN)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
PLAN-IT-X FEST 2012 is happening on JUNE 22-23-24th.

There will be some pre-fest events starting on JUNE 21st

The first day of summer is JUNE 20th.

There will be 45 bands and at least 5 other types of acts happening at RHINO’S ALL AGES CLUB.

There will be about 10-20 more bands playing pre-fest shows and after parties (not covered by your ticket, but many will be free).

We are going to make a strong effort to make sure that people hang out more this time. We want to stress what is already known, that PIX FEST is more than watching a bunch of bands. It’s a chance for the goof punks, nerds, queers, shy kids, anarchists that don’t look like anarchists, weirdos, kids that don’t fit in to the other subcultures, P.C. punks and all the other hoodie punks to get together and make friends and strengthen our community. If you have any ideas as to how we can do this, please us know -=chris

planitxrecords @ gmail.com
pixfest.hijinx.nu

NMNM

Reaction score
ill probably be there but no ticket... f. anyone got an extra ticket or two??????????

40 Hands

Reaction score
THIS IS BULLSHIT WHY IS THE EAST COAST POPPIN SO HARD WHEN I HEAD WEST?!?!?!?! .... All these events I really wanna go to and cant are pissin me off!!! :,(

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
well maybe we should have an stp meet up of anyone that's going to be there? ill probably be rocking my pentagram shirt. it looks like the venom logo, but it's actually a boris shirt.

soapybum

Reaction score
So just got a ride to the national rainbow gathering but it leaves tomorrow so sadly I won't be able to go to this :/

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
dang! oh well, rainbow will be fun too. safe travels!

kriminalmisfit

Reaction score
PLAN-IT-X FEST 2012 is happening on JUNE 22-23-24th.

There will be some pre-fest events starting on JUNE 21st
is PIX fest still a thing? i was just watching some video about it. seemed like in a couple vids they were complaining about oogly folks shitting in the park and being general assholes so the fest got too heated out. it would be really sad if those fucks ruined it for everyone. i'm a bit younger and have never heard about this. definetely would hit it up in 2016 if it is still happening. please let me know if there is one planned for '16. i already googled it but no results for the next one.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
is PIX fest still a thing? i was just watching some video about it. seemed like in a couple vids they were complaining about oogly folks shitting in the park and being general assholes so the fest got too heated out. it would be really sad if those fucks ruined it for everyone. i'm a bit younger and have never heard about this. definetely would hit it up in 2016 if it is still happening. please let me know if there is one planned for '16. i already googled it but no results for the next one.

i have no idea. and i didn't see any oogles there the year i went, and it still sucked. just not my kinda music scene, to positive :p

anticivpunk

Reaction score
"After much consideration over the last two or three years, I have decided to surrender Plan-It-X records. Plan-it-X will not be releasing any more music in a physical format. It is not financially possible for me to do this anymore. In my opinion concept of the record label is no needed. Bands can do it themselves which is what this scene has always been about for me. Sam and I only started this label to help bands that could not afford to release their own music or had no interest in doing mail order themselves. We just released music for bands that we fell in love with, and wanted the world to hear. It was a passion, a community, not a business. We served a purpose at the time. Plan-it-x is no longer needed. I also refuse to give in to the social media push to be more aggressive and advertise and market our bands. The D.I.Y. punk scene has always meant so much more to me than that. I have tried to grow and change with the times but I’m really not feeling it. I also think that if Sam were here today, she would agree with me. She felt these things long before I did. I believe it would dishonor her memory to keep going. "

Source:http://www.plan-it-x.com/

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads