jamie summers hello/intro. | Squat the Planet

jamie summers hello/intro.

• Thread starter Deleted member 25993
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 25993

hello jamie summers here.just want to say hello long time traveler/adventurer living in kansas city...grew up in fresno,yeah i know it sucks but not the worst place to grow up.i moved to santa rosa in 1996 and met some traveling kids and ended up hopping across america and canada for a few years and eventually settled in the south and midwest.some traveling friends called me up in summer 2000 and invited me to float down the mississipi river with them so i became a boat punk that summer and have never stopped adventuring on the rivers,roads, and rails...i noticed there is some good story tellers on here so i thought i'd like to tell a few eventually...hope everyone is doing well and happy travels

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Yoooo I grew up in Fresno too! I would wager hella quap on you knowing my muthafuckin brother Matt Riley and probably Buttcrack Doug(Doug life) as well? Matt and Doug were from Fresno, moved to Santa Rosa in 95 where three "Matts" lived together. Then Matt Riley dipped out on some trains and floated the Mississippi river, pretty sure that same exact year. Also I'm pretty sure I see you posting stuff on The Jungle now and then. Great to have you on the site, welcome!

Matt on the far right, me on the far left.
858801_606274529386957_496091445_o.jpg

• Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Billy Cougar White

Reaction score
Welcome to the STP family. I look forward to some exciting new stories to read.

D

Deleted member 25993

Yoooo I grew up in Fresno too! I would wager hella quap on you knowing my muthafuckin brother Matt Riley and probably Buttcrack Doug(Doug life) as well? Matt and Doug were from Fresno, moved to Santa Rosa in 95 where three "Matts" lived together. Then Matt Riley dipped out on some trains and floated the Mississippi river, pretty sure that same exact year. Also I'm pretty sure I see you posting stuff on The Jungle now and then. Great to have you on the site, welcome!

Matt on the far right, me on the far left. View attachment 52309
yo jason hello...yeah i met matt riley when i was a 14 and we eventually hopped trains together...doug helped me get out of fresno and i stayed in his room in santa rosa untill i figured things out on my own.i've really enjoyed your stories on here and that inspired me to join...hope your doing well...

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Right on Jaime! I think I'm nearly out of stories to write but I have travel plans so.. there will be more. Glad you like em. Looking forward to reading yours as well. You still talk to Matt and Doug?

D

Deleted member 25993

yo jason hello...yeah i met matt riley when i was a 14 and we eventually hopped trains together...doug helped me get out of fresno and i stayed in his room in santa rosa untill i figured things out on my own.i've really enjoyed your stories on here and that inspired me to join...hope your doing well...
i convinced matt to hop trains with me in 1998...it wasn't hard cuz he wasn't doing nothin.grab your pack and bedroll and meet me in santa rosa were hopping trains across canada.he was there in two days and we hitched to portland and got on the midline at steel bridge.there wasn't a bike path through there back then.we used to sleep on the river there and hang out no problem.....portland now...yikes it used to be so chill a perfect train town..anyway its a longer story then i can tell now but in spokane we split up and matt went home and i kept on and eventually made it to montreal.i'm thinking about friends in common and its such a small small world.were all interconnected weather we like it or not...but i remember being at jason burns's apartment..maybe we crossed paths.the next year matt and i rode to montreal and back together and years later floated the mississippi.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ohhhhh fuck dude! You were at 101? Jason Burn's apartment n/w of Cedar and Barstow near state. That's so rad, surely we've met I lived in the 2nd bedroom. Mike Yates was there, Nate Yates, Jeremy Miller, Helio Silva, Jason King, Bert Gomez, Ryan Lance, Matt and Doug obvy. Lee Sanchez, Travis Hood, Ashton Cook, The cleaner girls, I can't even think of everyone. That place was always a party. I literally just wrote my Datura Inoxia Trip story on here about a month ago which incorporates that apartment. Did you happen to know Doug's friend Danielle from back then?

D

Deleted member 25993

Ohhhhh fuck dude! You were at 101? Jason Burn's apartment n/w of Cedar and Barstow near state. That's so rad, surely we've met I lived in the 2nd bedroom. Mike Yates was there, Nate Yates, Jeremy Miller, Helio Silva, Jason King, Bert Gomez, Ryan Lance, Matt and Doug obvy. Lee Sanchez, Travis Hood, Ashton Cook, The cleaner girls, I can't even think of everyone. That place was always a party. I literally just wrote my Datura Inoxia Trip story on here about a month ago which incorporates that apartment. Did you happen to know Doug's friend Danielle from back then?
so it was your datura story that really made me want to tell stories here...ive heard that story from matt and doug for so long.....but you told it the best,...i didn't know the girl but mike and nathan yates were friends that i met as a young skater kid in fresno,i was always the young kid but amazingly people gave me respect and i got out of there at 16 and followed other friends north to santa rosa..jason,justin and joram really helped me out...ryan lance was one of my best friends...we drove across country in his van together in 1997 with a home made punk circus"circus discordia"..i was mostly in charge of percussion...doug was there too..i was 17 and going on a cross country adventure i never dreamed of...

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I remember Circus Discordia! At very least the name. Nate Yates took his life last May, sadly. On Bert's birthday, who also took his own life about 8 years ago. Jeremy was murdered. You know Ryan Lance is gone. Man do we know what loss feels like. Our circle really got hit hard with it. Damn, now that you bring up knowing Mike and Nate at a young age I feel like I can almost remember a young Jaime. We're you in tower much? Blockbuster? Maybe like a skinny blonde kid with a hat often times? I'm just vaguely pulling up a super faded memory that may be entirely off all together.

D

Deleted member 25993

We're you ever over at Bulls house?
i used to ride around with bull in his red vw bug.i was just a kid but i really looked up to these guys,when ryan died me and matt were in spokane...i've really never been the same...most of my best friends are dead for some reason or another.bull was the first friend i knew to go.i was maybe 15 and didn't know how to understand death...there was alot of amazing people that came out of fresno back then....santa rosa and friends saved my life for sure...i just thanked doug yesterday for what he did for me.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sent you my number, call when you can.

Bull was the first friend I had to die as well. Jeremy was the one I never healed from. He was at 101 a lot I'm sure you remember him. That one crushed me. Nate was hard too but he made that decision and I can find peace in knowing he's no longer in pain. Jeremy was straight robbed from us. Ryan was a great guy too. He was so fun to be around. I can still replay his deep voice and laugh in my head.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Welcome to STP - and a small world - you and and Lupo know each other as well as same friends. Awesome! Floating down the mississippi sounds great!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads