2017 Jamboree - Jamboree Event Schedule | Squat the Planet

2017 Jamboree Jamboree Event Schedule

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2017 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Hey everyone, I put together this event schedule to give folks an idea of what each day of the Jamboree will be like, and get input on anything that needs to be added, changed, or removed. Check out the schedule below and let me know what you think!

Worth noting is that it looks like @creature won't be making it this year, so I'm thinking we should start each morning with a super simple breakfast, like bagels and peanut butter, and maybe something equally easy for lunch that we can put together for cheap. I think everyone will be fine being on their own for dinner.

@EphemeralStick @Cornelius Vango if you have any ideas for how this schedule should be arranged just let me know!

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not gonna be able to do a kendo workshop and tournament in one hour, dude. I was planning on doing a basic workshop on the first day and letting people do matches throughout the weekend for the tournament.

Other than that, it looks okay. I don't mind having the bar open later.
And without Creature, having kitchen volunteers is going to be extra important.

Reactions: Lob and Drengor

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm not gonna be able to do a kendo workshop and tournament in one hour, dude

that's cool, all the time blocks are tentative since no one has specified how much time they'll need yet, so this is why we have the schedule, so we can figure this stuff out :)

Chaseur

Just a vagabond, singing the song of freedom
Reaction score
I don't mind taking over cooking duties as long as I have decent supplies. Breakfast is one of the easiest meals to whip up imho

and I'm always down to help for dinner

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Are there ever any umm, kinda like open mic story tellin type events? Also- I'm not letting anything break my muthafuckin stride this year, I'm 100% for sure to be in attendance.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
okay, so i've updated the schedule, but i'm not sure if two movies in a row is a great idea. if anyone's got something they'd like to see happen (specially for the TBA slot) please let me know since so far, i'm the only one working on this and i could really use the input...

VanScribed Goat

Reaction score
I think as an end of the night gig, two movies isn't a bad idea. It gives folks who want to chill that chance. People who want to go party can go do that after the first (or when the fuck ever). *super late response* but hey, it's feddback! ::drinkingbuddy::

Reactions: Matt Derrick
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads