Jailbird Jay

robbaked

Reaction score
I only knew him for a couple days, but he was a real good guy. I know a lot of people loved him. We had a nice memorial for him in austin. Please send your condolences.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
really? are you sure? someone called me a few weeks ago and told me he was dead, but it turned out he was just really sick... im just trying to make sure this isn't another false report...

if so that's too bad. he was a funny guy, came over to the farm and hung out and bitched about all the hippies i live with. it was fun.

Reactions: Rana Ghana

robbaked

Reaction score
really? are you sure? someone called me a few weeks ago and told me he was dead, but it turned out he was just really sick... im just trying to make sure this isn't another false report...

if so that's too bad. he was a funny guy, came over to the farm and hung out and bitched about all the hippies i live with. it was fun.
Last monday

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
damn, that's too bad.

menu

Reaction score
I know 100% he died. very unfortunate. my boy is going to austin to get some of his ashes to spread em over the rails somewhere

Rana Ghana

Reaction score
yeah, i heard about his passing from a few others. he died of liver failure. i met him and hung out with him on several occasions when i was in austin last winter. sad to see another good one lost. RIP JailBirdJay
He didn't die of liver failure. He choked on his own vomit while weak and blacked out on alcohol (not dope, he didn't do dope) at the slaughter/manchaca hop out here in Austin.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
crazy... i remember lisa was freaking out about him possibly dieing down there, and then like a week or so later he does.

i liked jay and everything, but it's getting depressing seeing all my friends go out like this. it's not a good way to go, and i wish the punk scene wouldn't glorify it so fucking much.

anyways

Reaction score
Just heard about Jay the other day. He was an amazing fucking guy and I love him dearly. Fucking pissed I didn't get to hang out with him before he went. I miss you dude.

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
What the fuck dude really? I just kicked it with that kid in Austin last year! Thats a trip yo.

Blackout

Reaction score
yeah shit sucks he was on a train about to leave but it started raining and he jumpt off and we all got shwilly and well im sure you can figure out the rest sorry to every one that new him

Blackout Beetle

Reaction score
Yeah I've only been on the road for 4 years that's the first kid I've hung out with recently that died. Kinda of a trip yo. Last time I saw him he was in Austin and I saw him knock the shit out of some homebum off a 5 gallon bucket o_O

E

earthowl

i loved that giant butt-hole of a man. i remember us having the most endearingly manic friendship i can ever recall having.

263585_240134649331713_100000055393998_1038848_8127026_n.jpg

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads