It's Tude's fault

Kal

Reaction score
Ok. And how is that's Tude's fault? Did she hold a gun to your head and say go there.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Yeah that sucked dude - darn guys who live in the jungle anyway. From a conspiracy/anarchy site I'm on and with a wild sense of humor. ha. but worst intro ever. :)

Tude

Reaction score
Jeez, you're a harsh crowd.

It was a light hearted, tongue in cheek comment.

Perhaps I should have instead said, "Tude, thanks for the link to this very interesting site."

Yeah - Now you got it!! You're welcome ;). hehe i registered on your site. The "Your Mom" bit always made me giggle.

Reaction score
The about me was to follow.
Quick auto biog:
My maternal grandmother was a true gypsy whose first stable, real house was when she married my grandfather. I believe this sedentary lifestyle eventually killed her as she died when in her late fifties.

I was born, as most of us are, but unlike most I was kidnapped at a few weeks of age and taken from England to Ireland. I stayed there until I was about 18 months old and returned to my parents. I then moved to Australia when I was still prepubescent, where I lived for the next twenty or so years, constantly travelling the world and experiencing other cultures. After more than 25 years being sort of based there, due to their embrace of the NWO and its ultra right wing philosophy, I decided to forever depart it's shores and return to Old Blighty.

Whilst working in London, I employed a beautiful Brazilian girl (highly illegally and unorthodoxly, I should add) and she raped me! Well, it was consensual rape. I fell head overheels and was devastated when she had to return to Brazil. I resolved to visit as soon as I could. It is mere coincidence that I quit my job two weeks before my trip to Brazil.

When I arrived in Brazil, knowing that I had quit my job, she asked me to stay. I didn't give her an answer immediately, even though I had already accepted, and waited until the night before I was due to fly out to give her my answer, just for the shits and giggles. I came to Brazil for a three week holiday -- in 2007 and here I still am and now have a good grasp of the porkandcheese language.

She is now no more than a good memory, but I am still here with a somewhat dubious status (to be fair, I'm illegal). Rules however, are made to be broken. After spending time in the south of Brazil, where it gets horribly cold, much to my surprise and disgust (and I'm talking about the cold of the south, not my next statement), I now live in a small favela in Rio de Janeiro (very close to the first picture in the link).

I bet even Tude didn't know any of this.

Tude

Reaction score
Ha - no pic and no link and, your are correct, I did not realize where you were. But hey - you did mention you spent time at WWOOFs thru there - we get some questions about them through here. Not that I'm interviewing but it would be interesting to know and to tag for future seaches. :)

Reaction score
The Your Mom apelido was chosen for two reasons. Firstly, because of the massive quantity of "your mom" jokes, but mainly because I was the better "mom" to my children than their biological mom, and I spent 8 years as the principal caregiver of my three children!

Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Tude

Reaction score
Are all posters here American? Seems like it to me. At least you acknowledged my intro was mildly humorous! I took myself seriously once and then slapped myself into reality!

Many yes - but many are Canadians - a lot of influx from Austrialia lately - seen Mexico, New Zealand, UK.

Tude

Reaction score
@Your Mom in Brazil - check out the members drop down list - it shows where our members are - not quite a US centered society - people from all over - now they might have registered and not participated since then - OR as several do as these people are travelers - register and travel and check in whenever- a month from now -six months - :) travelers.

Tude

Reaction score
Hehe Yer a fun guy - been a member of many ct sites for years and I do a lot of reading on them and also bringing articles from there to here. As well as from here to there - spread news.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads