Is there anywhere wild left in america?

Threads
Current Location
Slab City, California
I certainly don't mean to be a dick here, but it seems that half of the questions you ask could be answered with a few minutes of independent research and some basic logic. You have the ability to post here, so you have the ability to conduct research using the rest of the Internet. It's a valuable thing to learn for yourself, thataway you don't have to ask people basic questions.

Threads
Current Location
On the road
There's plenty of wild, remote places in the US. Maine, N MN- Boundary waters, Northern New York, Vermont, Wyoming, Montana, and... Idaho--Head due west to the sun set on HWY 12. Turn left at the Selway.

Then, you've got Alaska! And also The Yukon.

"
Alaska is full of places where a man who wants to vanish might never be found.

There are places out there with enough space for a man to remake himself without anyone bothering him. Places where people fish and hunt to eat. A single moose can feed a person for a year,
rescue professionals later noted the almost impossible task of finding someone in Alaska who doesn't want to be found. It is hard enough, they say, to find those who try to make themselves visible. Alaska is an easy place to go missing"

Alaska is on my radar. I lived there once before and I never should have left.

Last edited:
OP
OP
feral wanderer
Threads
Current Location
Pullman,WA
I certainly don't mean to be a dick here, but it seems that half of the questions you ask could be answered with a few minutes of independent research and some basic logic. You have the ability to post here, so you have the ability to conduct research using the rest of the Internet. It's a valuable thing to learn for yourself, thataway you don't have to ask people basic questions.
That's true, but part of me posting the question here was less about the information and more about looking for community support

Threads
Current Location
Limbo
I just chimed in regarding recent personal experience, but wherever I go (& I only travel on someone else's dime generally), I'm always scouting for hideouts & forage. You gotta seek & strive beyond suburbia - wilderness is everywhere

rando

Wayfarer
Threads
Current Location
Montana
Not sure if I've got anything new to mention but you've got the bitteroot range in Montana (wild cowboy mountain man country still, undiscovered lakes and creeks and valleys, hundreds of square miles untouched) obviously huge, huge portions of unclaimed land in Alaska. The northern Idaho panhandle leading into Canada is suprisingly vast and incredibly wild, that leaches over into Montana and Washington. There are some parts of the cascades through washington, oregon and california that not man has ever walked. The sierra Nevada mountains still claim hundreds of unmapped valleys containing streams, wildlife and plants nee the man. The swamps of the southeast are vastly uncharted. The great north woods of the northeast remain wild. Of course then there's Canada, which is mostly uninhabited. The only place I can really think of that's so densely populated that the magic is gone is the California coast from San fran to San diego

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
if you don't mind me throwing in my .02, i think you'd do well in western montana. enough civilization that you won't go crazy (if that's a concern) and wonderful forests and nature in just about every direction. winters are a little harsh though.

might ask @Cornelius Vango about alaska if that's something you're interested in.

i agree that nevada would be a good possibility as well!

hope you find what you're looking for, and even if it's remote as fuck, check in with us every once in a while, okay?

OP
OP
feral wanderer
Threads
Current Location
Pullman,WA
if you don't mind me throwing in my .02, i think you'd do well in western montana. enough civilization that you won't go crazy (if that's a concern) and wonderful forests and nature in just about every direction. winters are a little harsh though.

might ask @Cornelius Vango about alaska if that's something you're interested in.

i agree that nevada would be a good possibility as well!

hope you find what you're looking for, and even if it's remote as fuck, check in with us every once in a while, okay?
Thanks for the advice I'll check that area out, and yeah I'll keep in touch with all yall for sure

Threads
Current Location
On the road
It should be mentioned that in those wild places there's wildlife that could attack, kill and devour you. Places such as Montana, Idaho, Colorado, Utah, etc. You've got Grizzly, Wolves, Mountain lions, poisonous snakes, etc.
I've heard of hunters in Alaska finding body parts of missing people in Bear dens.

Threads
Current Location
Clutching Steel
Not sure if I've got anything new to mention but you've got the bitteroot range in Montana (wild cowboy mountain man country still, undiscovered lakes and creeks and valleys, hundreds of square miles untouched) obviously huge, huge portions of unclaimed land in Alaska. The northern Idaho panhandle leading into Canada is suprisingly vast and incredibly wild, that leaches over into Montana and Washington. There are some parts of the cascades through washington, oregon and california that not man has ever walked. The sierra Nevada mountains still claim hundreds of unmapped valleys containing streams, wildlife and plants nee the man. The swamps of the southeast are vastly uncharted. The great north woods of the northeast remain wild. Of course then there's Canada, which is mostly uninhabited. The only place I can really think of that's so densely populated that the magic is gone is the California coast from San fran to San diego
I bet natives walked there lol just my 2 cents