Is it really unsanitary that i hand wash cotton underwear with other clothing? | Squat the Planet

Is it really unsanitary that i hand wash cotton underwear with other clothing?

Reaction score
Apolguise if this should be posted in another form, but I think this post does involve being healthy and hygienic while on the road, being homeless, staying outside, etc, I currently have a apartment sink to wash my clothing in, right now im so broke ass i cant even afford to wash my clothing, there is a drop in centre with free laundry facilities, but isn't open on the weekend. I got bleach, laundry detergent and access to hot water, i just put all my shit ( pants, shorts, tshirt, undies, socks) etc in the sink, let it soak the first time for 30 half a hr, then the second time put in warm water and clothing in again, just worried about the underwear, I heard even warm/hot water won't kill any germs in them, so I washed them with my clothing, then decided to boil them, do you think that would be good? not to gross people out, but I had period blood and other "gross" things in them from being drunk , is it really unsanitary that i hand washed my undies with other clothing? i put my clothing in bleach, hot water and laundry detergent in the sink, and i plan on disinfecting the sink with bleach, so my roomate can wash her dishes.

MFB

Reaction score
I go ass to mouth quiet regularly and have never had issues; so I cant imagine wearing poop or blood would get ya sick.
Sanitation is a myth.
You'll be good. :)

I have a hardcore granola friend who squeezes the blood from her reusable pads and dilutes with water and feeds her plants with it. That could be fun.

D

Deleted member 23824

I think our forefathers/mothers would either die laughing, or would have their jaws drop at the lack of common sense( common sense isn’t, apparently, very common) from people nowadays.

How about all the countless millions of people before us that have gone to early graves from not washing their cotton underwear separately?

Shees, some of the most ridiculous, questions come up, I swear they‘re sometimes only a ruse to have a conversation by lonely people. Just say you wanna talk with someone or else that you actually ARE dumber than a box of rocks.

Reactions: sevedemanos

MFB

Reaction score
a ruse to have a conversation by lonely people. Just say you wanna talk with someone or else that you actually ARE dumber than a box of rocks.

That's why I'm here!

• Love It
Reactions: JackSquat

trashswag86

Reaction score
Apolguise if this should be posted in another form, but I think this post does involve being healthy and hygienic while on the road, being homeless, staying outside, etc, I currently have a apartment sink to wash my clothing in, right now im so broke ass i cant even afford to wash my clothing, there is a drop in centre with free laundry facilities, but isn't open on the weekend. I got bleach, laundry detergent and access to hot water, i just put all my shit ( pants, shorts, tshirt, undies, socks) etc in the sink, let it soak the first time for 30 half a hr, then the second time put in warm water and clothing in again, just worried about the underwear, I heard even warm/hot water won't kill any germs in them, so I washed them with my clothing, then decided to boil them, do you think that would be good? not to gross people out, but I had period blood and other "gross" things in them from being drunk , is it really unsanitary that i hand washed my undies with other clothing? i put my clothing in bleach, hot water and laundry detergent in the sink, and i plan on disinfecting the sink with bleach, so my roomate can wash her dishes.
Sounds like you're doing bleach in hot water? Don't. Bleach is not effective in hot water. Use cold. Or else don't use bleach.

WanderLost

Reaction score
Isnt that what youd do if you used a washing machine? Just throw it all in there together?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com

short answer is that you should be fine washing all clothes in the sink. folks have been doing it that way for hundreds of years.

Reactions: Crazy Hobo Johnny

Gin

Reaction score
I'd be more worried about what my socks could give my chonies lol. Athletes vagina? Nah I wash everything separate. A bathroom sinks only big enough for 1 at a time. Also cold water takes out blood stains. Boiling sets them in. Pour peroxide on stain & soak in cold water. Then wash as usual

sevedemanos

Reaction score
w soap the answer should be obvious

without, well, depends how much fresh water is used. i throw everything in a mesh laundering bag and toss it into the river. water dilutes concentration of bacteria enough by itself that you should be just fine

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads