Introducing Nero, the story of man | Squat the Planet

Introducing Nero, the story of man

Nero

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I figured I would finally get around and share a part of myself on the internet for the first time ever. But in the spirit of travel I'll keep it related to that.

Almost a year ago I left my job and life without any notice and went back to Germany. But not for convention reasons, but rather to finally meet and be with the girl that had fallen in love with 9 months prior. And as it turns out it was the best decision I have ever made in my life. I became alive and experience more things in 3 months than I had my entire life. I learned what true happiness felt like; what soul crushing pain felt like. I met my father for the first time since I was 2. And I realized that someone I've known less than a year could mean more and have a greater soul than one's own family. Leaving my life made me find the love of my life.

A month later we were homeless together. We had came back to the US to get away from everything that pained us, to finally start something for our selves. But instead we were living out of my car. I applied for Uber eats, and for 15 hours a day we would do deliveries and explore the state all while at it. Every day was something new and exciting. The beaches, the woods, those 2am night rides down empty winding roads. Speeding through corners in a beat 04 Jetta because driving wasn't just a chore, it was and is an inescapable pleasure. Eating fast food and Denny's, finding little spots no one normal would've seen, and living more in that situation than either of us had ever done before. That car was our home, our means of self support, and brought us closer than ever for 3 months. We were in control, we were homeless, and happy.
We are now back in Germany living in a small village in quarantine with what I could imagine to be a perfect grandmother that took us in unsure of what we'll do or how we'll manage when everything is normal again, but either way no matter how bad it may end up, we can always look back on when we had next to nothing and were still happy.
This is Nero

Nero

Reaction score
That's a sweet story. Don't worry. This thing will end. You two have each other for support. You'll be exploring and adventuring again in no time!
Thank you, I really appreciate the kind words and support. More than I could've really imagined.

Reactions: EJO

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads