beccasleft

Reaction score
Hey, British on and off traveller here. I know this is mainly an American site but you guys have some really good info and advice so thought I'd say hi. Quite a lot of experience of travel at budgets/standards a long way below the mainstream backpacking scene but currently washing dishes to save enough for a long overland trip hoping to end with a working holiday visa in Aus. Either going to hitch most of the way with coaches if it gets tricky but also considering cycling. Also I'm a trans woman so comes with a whole set of issues when I've been in some countries. Anyway lovely to meet you all.

ali

Reaction score
I can definitely recommend cycling, it can get you out of awkward situations faster than walking/hitching and it's cheaper than public transport if you are traveling for longer than a few weeks. Only downside is that a bike isn't always the easiest thing to haul if you do decide you want to switch modes of transport. In Europe it should be easier, though. Best of luck!

Reactions: beccasleft

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads