Info for Bicycle Riders>>Handlebar Palsy or Ulnar Neuropathy

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
I just got diagnosed with this today. It sucks and I am not supposed to be doing much typing so I have taken photos of the papers the Doctor gave me instead. These explain what it is, how it is caused and treated, and some exercises you can do as well.

Sorry for the quality, I can't get my scanner to work now for some reason
IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0340.JPG

Thorne

Stuck and stagnant
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.houselessnothomeless.org
Quite awhile, several years in fact , WHY?

K

Kim Chee

I can't view the images for some reason. I hope the situation corrects. If you use an iDevice, there's an app called Dragon. It will type pretty much whatever you speak.

The greatest invention in cycling has to be male and female seats (now you know which to sniff).

K

Kim Chee

because that would be a crucial factor in the obtainment statistics for Ulnar Neuropathy, I assume?

get well soon dude

Hahaa. A statician?

A statician is someone who says that if your feet are in a freezer and your head is in a furnace that you are comfortable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Traveler

briancray

Reaction score
Website
www.bikethe.us
because that would be a crucial factor in the obtainment statistics for Ulnar Neuropathy, I assume?

get well soon dude

I would say any touring longer than a week you may have to worry about this. Riding long distances with the vibrations and improper insulation from either gloves, padding or changing your hand setup results in numbness. I did one tour over the course of two months and only noticed it touring because some days you're riding 8+ hours covering a vast amount of different terrain.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads