In your travels throughout Australia, what place have you enjoyed the most? | Squat the Planet

In your travels throughout Australia, what place have you enjoyed the most?

deonte bolaw

Reaction score
I thought I'd ask a Travel Australia question, to keep the whingers happy. No-one can accuse this of being a political question.

My best place was Parliament House in Canberra - where I saw the portrait of that great statesman, Bob Menzies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stuff To Do

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My favorite plate of Australia,is about 20 miles,south of Newcastle,where I squatted in the coolest house I've ever lived in. We'd hitchhike to the cow pasture,pick mushrooms at sunrise,then hitch back to the beach,on days we weren't gonna surf . Most of the time,we'd live in Sydney,where there was plenty of work & ................! My family goes back to the first fleet,so we are First Fleet Convicts !

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
My favorite plate of Australia,is about 20 miles,south of Newcastle,where I squatted in the coolest house I've ever lived in. We'd hitchhike to the cow pasture,pick mushrooms at sunrise,then hitch back to the beach,on days we weren't gonna surf . Most of the time,we'd live in Sydney,where there was plenty of work & ................! My family goes back to the first fleet,so we are First Fleet Convicts !

are you from australia?

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
No,but my mom was born there,& she took us there,when I was 13,moved back to the states,just before I was 19.

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Yeah,half my family is over there,mostly in Queensland !

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
cool deal, im trying to learn more about australia, its at the top of my list of foreign countries to visit.

Reactions: ByronMc

ByronMc

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I left in Nov of 75, so a lot has changed. I would love to go back,but they wanted to deport me,due to my two felonies,for grand theft auto,and selling LSD.

kickthatshit

Reaction score
Tasmania & Newcastle both get the thumbs up from me. Adelaide seemed to have a bit of a diy/punk scene going on, but I didn't get to stay around long enough to check it out. Bigger Australian cities felt somewhat generic. In terms of the outdoors, the subtropical rainforests of NSW, the temperate rainforests of Tasmania, the Flinders Ranges, and much of southwest WA all made an impression on me. There's probably a million scenic spots in the central and northern parts of Australia, but good luck checking them out without your own wheels.

Great statesman, haha...

GrowlEr

Reaction score
perth is a shit hole lived there for 4 months. drove from perth to melbourne was good experience. queensland is really good in general. from melbourne originally and to be honest cannot wait to run away back to europe

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads